Pt 2, Chapter Sixty-Five - Momma Bear

- Harley -

"What are you looking at?" I ask as we walk out of the BBQ & Grill, "The most beautiful woman I have ever seen in my life" He replies. "God you're so cheesy," I say as we walk towards the car Jax stops and lights up a cigarette a distance away from me "You know you can smoke in the car, I miss the smell," I say frowning at him, he smiles and shakes his head at me "Nope, not good for the baby" He replies, "The baby wants it!" I try again but he just smirks at me.

I begin to slowly walk towards him and he raises an eyebrow at me, "Just let me smell it" I say as I continue to creep towards him, "No kitten" His voice comes out a little deeper and I've never wanted to disobey someone more than I do right now. I take another step and he narrows his eyes at me so I roll my eyes and turn around on my heels when someone runs and I mean literally runs into me knocking me to the ground.

I fall onto my ass and then my back, the back of my head bouncing off the rocks in the car park "Move it fatass" I hear a masculine voice from infront of me "BITCH WHO THE FUCK-" I start but before I can finish or get off of the floor jax has him pinned down to the ground and is laying his fists into the mans face.

"What the fuck did you just call my pregnant wife?" He growls at the almost unconscious man, "Fuck man, I didn't mean it" The man on the floor groans holding onto his nose at an attempt to stop the bleeding. Jax continues his assault of the man's face repeatedly hitting him over and over again, a shooting pain crawls up my back and around my sides, I must have landed on my ass hard.

Then my heart stops at the streaks of bright blood dripping down my legs "Jax" I say still staring down at the now small pool of blood forming at the bottom of my shoes "Jax" I call out again tears freely falling from my face, my mind is telling me to scream, it's telling my legs to run and get to hospital, it's telling me to kill the fuckwit on the floor and burn his body in my fireplace but I can't do anything, I'm frozen.

Another sharp pain pulls me from my trance and I look up to see Jax still hitting the man who now lays barely breathing infront of me "JAX" I call out as loud as my voice will let me, he must have heard me this time because his head snaps to me as soon as I say it, his eyes slowly look over to me widening when he sees my legs. "I can't do this again" I sob shaking my head while still standing in my place, he jumps up in his spot and runs over to me practically shoving me in the car.

The car rides silent apart from Jax swearing at other drivers while swerving from lane to lane, him swearing into his constantly ringing phone and the odd sob and sniffle from me, the pains still there but my body's feeding from it, if this does happen again I don't think I can make it, I don't think I'll be able to do it again, I can only hope that my death makes more sense than my life.

"It's going to be okay I promise," Jax says grabbing onto my hand, I continue to lean my head against the window staring out at the landscape speed past us "You don't know that" I whisper back the lights of the hospital becoming closer and closer by the second, "I do, I know it will be okay. But you have to trust me that it's going to be fine alright?" I look over to him and nod my head as we pull into emergency.

Jax runs in to get a nurse or a doctor, 30 seconds later a stampede of nurses and doctors rush out the door and rip me out of the car throwing me into a wheelchair "Jax" I call out looking around, panic begins to set in when I can't see him, is this it? Is this how my life is going to crumble? Alone surrounded by no one I know?

I feel someone grab my hand, I look to my left and see Jax instantly relaxing. I'm wheeled into a room, "We need her on the bed, can you get up by yourself?" The nurses asks me as Jax easily lifts me up and puts me on the bed. "Alright, what happened when the bleeding started?" The nurse asks as she sets up an ultrasound machine, "Someone knocked me over and I fell on my ass, there's some pain but I really just think I've broken my ass bone" I say shifting on the bed.