Chapter - 14

I've been in his arm for the past half an hour, and it feels so good. I've never felt more secure and wanted in my whole life. Being with Daniel really makes me believe in real love. I just cant believe I'm in his arms right know and we're finally real friends again. The way his heart beats makes my heart ache. His warmth comforts me in a way nothing else can. I could be in his arms forever, to bad forever doesn't exist.

"Maryann?" Daniel asks after a long time without speaking.

"Hum" He plays with my hair while I play with his fingers

"You know I love you right" my stomach does a flip when he says he loves me, but I don't get my hopes up just in case it's not the love I'm thinking about.

So I tell him the truth, "I love you too" A part of me hopes he can see right threw me and really believe how much I love him.

"I really wish you weren't with Will" He says a bit nervous, I can hear his heart beat rising from under his shirt."And I really wish you where with me" he says with confidence this time.

My eyes go wide and my breath catches in my through. Did I hear him right? Did he just say he wants me to be with me? I must be imagining things, because he couldn't have said that. He just couldn't. Why would he want to be with me after all the pain i've cause him.

"Now would be a good time to say something" he says sarcasticly.

I dont want to get his hopes up and neither do I so I say the only thing I can say,"I don't think I could get out of this"

Tears start to whale up my eyes. I couple hours ago I was confident on breaking things with Will, but now im not so sure. I was one hundred percent sure I would have the courage to stop it all, but after what Daniel said it made everything so real. I want to be with him, there's no doubt, but its not that simple.

"I'll help you" he said, and I "know he ment every word.

I still cant believe I let someone like him go, how can I not have seen this in him from when we where younger. My parents love him I love him, we where perfect for each other. We're just gonna have to take one step at a time, and you know what. I'll take one million steps for him. For us.

I sat up and kissed him on the cheek and snuggled closer to him. I loved this boy, I love everything about him. From his smile, to his light blue eyes and his dirty blond hair.

* * *

I didn't even realize I feel asleep, until there was a knock on the door, and it wasn't even that that woke me up. It was Daniel calling my name to wake me up.

"Whats wrong" I asked.

I rubbed my eyes with the back of my hand and sat up. I felt a pain on my back, probably from sleeping in such a bad position, but I ignored it because I was snuggled with Daniel and that's all that mattered at the time.

"Someone's knocking..." I gave him a flat look, why would he wake me up when theres someone at the door.

Then I realized we where practically spooning each other, and someone could have seen this and think of the worst.

I quickly got of the bed and fixed my self up,"Come in" I said while taking the seat that was next to the bed.

A young looking female nurse came in and gave us a small smile, "Sorry to ruin you visit, but visiting hours are over" I tried not to show my disappointment. And then all of a sudden I started to feel angry at myself.

How could I have waisted time sleeping, when I could have been here talking with Daniel. I felt so stupid and so dumb for letting myself fall asleep. I wish I could have stayed with him the whole night, but that wasn't possible.