38

AAR has been getting so much love lately that it was only fair I updated. Thank you to my loyal fans who have stuck around this long even though I'm TERRIBLE at updating. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.
***.

When I wake up I immediately feel an aching pain in my whole body, like i've been working out for hours and I woke up the next day sore. Was I beaten up? I ask myself. The floor feels so cold on my cheeks and my hands hurt while being tied up behind me. Theres still a blind fold covering my eyes, and I'm still very confused. My heart is racing and I've never been so scared in my life.

"Hello," I say, my voice shaking.

Nothing. Just my echo.

"Hello!" I scream out.

Nothing...

"Oh, the princess is up," I female voice calls out sarcastically. Danna. That bitch! She takes off the blindfold from around my eyes and I can see where we are. We are in a dark room, no furniture, no windows, no doors. Pitch black. The only light there is is a lightbulb from across the room.

"Untie me, you bitch!" I scream out while trying to break free from the rope around my wrists. All I hear is her stupid laugh echo all over the room.

"Why are you doing this?" I choke out. I try to keep in my tears, but they threaten to fall down my cheeks.

"Why?" she questions and then she laughs. "Oh baby girl, you have no Idea." she says with so much bitterness.

"I did nothing to you! I considered you my best friend and you betrayed me," I call out to her. I no longer feel like crying, now I'm mad.

I feel her come closer to me and her hand grips my hair as she pulls me torso up off the floor and I hiss in pain. I didn't know she was this strong.

"You were everything, but a friend." she whispers in my ear with such venom that her words alone could poison me. She pushes my torso down to the floor and my head hits the concrete floor. I wince in pain and I start to see dark again and then I see light again and then darkness.

"You took everything from me Maryann! First, you took Daniel's love from me. You were always his favorite, you could see how in love he was with you from the beginning. Then, I told you how badly I wanted to be captain of the cheerleading team and you took that away from me too. And when I finally started to get over Daniel, I put my eyes on Will and you took that too!" Tears were coming down her cheeks but not of sadness, out of anger. She had so much pain in her soul, I can see it in her eyes and I never noticed, and I was supposed to be her friend.

"You never told me any of this, Danna. I never knew you were in love with Daniel or Will. You never told me you wanted to be captain, you barely wanted to go to practice sometimes."

"Why would I want to go to practice when they always worshiped the grown you walked on? I was supposed to be on top, not you. What makes you so fucking special!"

I stay quiet. She was jealous. She wanted what I had and if only she knew the hell i've lived through. If only she knew how badly Will would beat me and how I let Daniels love slip away, if only she knew the nightmare I lived through. She wanted everything I had but if only she knew it was never mine to begin with.

"So what? this is your revenge? What are you gonna do? You're gonna kill me? Torture me?" I ask.

She smiles, her evil smile, and then she rubs her belly. I almost forgot she was pregnant, with my Daniels baby. Tears form around my eyes. She's still having his baby. She wanted everything I ever had and now she has the one thing I always wanted, to be a mom. Not just anyones mom but a mom to Daniels children. I fight back my tears. I refuse to let her see me weak. I've been weak all my life. I've let so many people push me around and walk all over me. But that ends today, its time I start sticking up for myself.