36

Daniel's POV

I couldn't sleep all night. I kept on tossing and turning all night. Maryann was all I could think about. She was only across the room from me and I couldn't even go in there to be with her. Not in a sexual way, I could never take advantage of her in the state she's in. I just wanted to watch her sleep all night, run my hands through her hair, and hear as she grinds her teeth at night when she sleeps. I couldn't though, I was scared she was going to wake up and leave. Knowing how stubborn she is, she would have left in a heartbeat and knowing how stubborn I am, I wasn't going to let her leave.

I wish things were different. I wish I would have had the balls to tell her how I feel instead of letting Will take her from me. That way she wouldn't be suffering the way that she is. The worst part, is that I think she's suffering more because of me than because of Will. I know it hurts her seeing me with Danna. I don't see the sparkle in her eyes the way that I used to, she can't even look at me and always tries to dodge my presence when I'm around her. I never meant to hurt her, all I ever want to do is protect her, for the rest of my life. 

I don't know when it was that I fell asleep, but the thought of having the privilege of protecting Maryann for the rest of my life put me at ease. 

The sight in front of me was one i've never seen before. There's snow, and mountains, the air feels fresh. I feel alive. When I breath in, I breath in fresh and natural air. You can tell it was cold, but I felt nothing. I did not feel cold or hot. I felt great. 

I take a couple steps and notice that I am alone . I keep walking, stepping though the snow, and I see nothing except the bright sun. Snow starts falling from the sky, and I start to feel afraid. I'm alone. No one is here, except for me.

"Hello," I yell. Nothing.

"Is anyone there," It feels as if I'm in a horror film and at any moment  someone is going to come out of no where with a chainsaw and cut me to pieces. I start to run, run anywhere, but there is nothing. There is no where to go. 

"Daddy," A tiny voice yells. I look in front of me, in back of me and to the sides, but no one is there. 

"Daddy," the voice yells again, this time closer. 

"Hello," I yell out. 

"Daddy," the tiny voice yells out one more time, and I see her. She's running towards me, with open arms. She's so small, anything can break her. 

She has a white puffy jacket, with pink mittens and a pink hat over her head. As she gets closer to me, she starts to look familiar. Her blond hair and tiny chocolate dark eyes, look too familiar. She looks exactly like my Maryann and me. 

When she's almost right in front of me I kneel down. Her bright smile sends goosebumps through my body, the good kind. She falls into my arms and I've never felt such comfort, peace and happiness with one hug. 

"I missed you, daddy." She says into my ears. I pick her up and spin her in my arms. 

"Oh I've missed you too, baby girl." She hugs me tight and I hug her with such love I thought I was going to explode with happiness. 

She pulls from my hug to look at me and I see a sparkle in her eyes, the way I used to see Maryann eyes sparkle. Her tiny hand caresses my cheeks back and forth, never breaking eye contact with each other.  When I blink and break eye contact, she disappears. I'm no longer  holding my little girl, everything is white. Theres no sun, theres no mountains, and theres no more snow. All I see is white walls. I run to no where in particular, but it feels as if I'm in the same spot. Where's my little girl? Where' my daughter?