Chapter - 32

Chapter 32

Nate and I ended up talking about the good times we've had together. All those family nights, and the times when I had to take him literally everywhere I went because he would stay crying all day. I remember I used to hate taking him everywhere I went, I couldn't even enjoy my teenage years because I always had to be a parent to him . Now I wish he could go everywhere I went.

"My mom told me Daniel came by," Nate says beside me. My body stiffens at the mention of his name. I went the whole morning keeping him out of my head. Those few hours were so calm, now I can feel my heart shattering again and my mind flashing memories of them both together.

"Yea, he was here." I choke out. My eyes start to water, but I bite my tongue before one single tear can roll down my face.

"Mom also told me you guys spent the night together." Nate winks at me and I chuckle.

"You guys did the hanky panky?" I'm full on laughing right now. I can't even get air inside my lungs because i'm laughing so hard. The things this boy comes up with.

"Oh my god, Nate. What do you know about doing the hanky panky?" Tears are rolling down my face. These tears I don't mind rolling down my face.

"I know that you and Daniel have been doing it."

"Nate, shut up. As far as you know, I'm still with Will." I gulp because his name coming out of my mouth feels like acid.

"As far as I know? Does that mean you guys broke up."

Wow this kid catches on fast.

"Maybe," I say leaning on his shoulder. I don't want to think about either of them right now. Now Will, and definitely not Daniel.

"You don't sound happy at all." Real tears start to roll down my eyes. The last thing I wanted was to throw all my drama to Nate, and here I am talking about the two fucked up boys in my life and crying like a fucking baby.

"Of Course i'm not happy, I broke up with my boyfriend," I lie, holding back every whimper that dares escape my lips.

"You're not fooling us, Maryann. We all know who you really love and that's Daniel. You should be happy that you finally get to be with him."

If only it was that easy. I could run to his arms and never let him go.

"He's having a baby with Danna," I say defeatedly.

"Is it his"

"It could be." I blink away tears and they roll down my eyes. The ache in my heart won't leave. They're both in my mind 24/7. I can't shake the thought of someone else giving Daniel his first child. Someone who isn't me.

"Why don't you find out," he says so innocently. I chuckle a bit. I wish I was that naive. I wish I could drop everything and go find out, but if I do and it turns out that the child is his that would break me more than it's breaking me now.

"I don't want to get my hopes up only to find out that it really is his child, it'll hurt too much"

"More than you're hurting now? That's not possible. You're mentality right now is not logical, Maryann. It's like studying for a test and getting your results back only for you to not check because you're scared to get an F, but what if you got an A. You'll never know if you don't flip the paper. So go and find out if the baby is Daniels or some other guys."

I stare at my brother like he has two heads.

"Since when do you use big words and get all philosophical?" I ask with a smile. How does he use words like logical and mentality when he's only nine.