Chapter - 24

Maryann's POV.

I couldn't keep my eyes of Daniel. He looked as cute as ever. Every chance I got I sneaked a peek at him. Half the time he would notice, but I think I was pretty slick.

Dinner tastes so amazing. Debra cooked an amazing meal. I'll have to get some cooking lessons from her.

"What have the doctors said about football season, Daniel?" My dad asks Daniel. He looks awkwardly from his plate to my dad's face

"Football is pretty much over for me this season." He says with a sad tone. My heart felt for him. I can't even imagine the pain he felt when they told him he couldn't play football no more. It's his last year of high school. In less then three months we will be graduating and he won't be able to play with his team.

Recruiters are going to be coming to games trying to get players to join their college team. Daniel on the other hand has to watch his former teammates go to their college of their dreams. I feel terrible for him. It's not fair and he shouldn't have to go through this alone.

"I'm sorry to hear that," my dad says. I can tell he regrets asking that question.

"It's fine. As long as I can walk again, I think I'll be good."

The whole table stay silent. I wish I could break it, but there's absolutely nothing I can say. I don't have a damn question I can ask. My mind is blank and I hate it.

"I think I'm going to got to bed," he says, and looks at me. It's like he's telling me a silent message. I don't know what to say or do.

"Thank you for coming, it was nice to see you all." He looks at my parents and they both nod. He looks at me and smiles. My heartbeat accelerates. What do I do? What do I say?

Debra gets up to give him a hand and I stand.

"I'll help him," I blur out. They all stare at me, including Daniel. Debra smiles at me and I make my way to Daniel.

I give him an awkward smile and he smiles up at me in amusement. I wheel the chair into the dining room and leave it so it's close to his chair. I pull back his chair and he stands. He takes a couple steps to his right and plants his butt on the chair. I thought he couldn't even stand. Wow.

I step back and let him get on the chair. How is it that he let Linda help him get on the chair, but he's perfectly capable of getting on the wheelchair with no problem. He's probably attracted to her too. She's young and beautiful AND her name is Linda.

Jesus what's wrong with me. I need to get my jealousy under control.

He wheels himself towards the elevator. Should I follow him.

I follow him behind. I feel like I'm running to catch up to him. Why is he wheeling so fast?