Chapter - 26

Shoutout to MarieDani for the very first banner that AAR has received. It's amazing. I absolutely love it doll. Thank you so much. xo

I tried posting it, but I have no Idea how :(

Maryann's POV

The next week after Daniel's and mines night of confessions we decided to lay low. We decided to keep us a secret for now. Just until he's recovered completely and can confront Will. At first I didn't even want him to talk to him. I didn't even want us to happened. It just wouldn't be right for me to go behind Wills back. After so long of promising him that i'd never cheat on him, I felt it would be hypocritical of me to have an affair with the love of my life.

I was doubting Daniel and mines relationship. I didn't think it would survive more than three days. I wasn't sure if being with Daniel and losing everything was worth it. And then I see those blue deep ocean eyes and his bright smile and everything seems alright. I see the way no one can make me smile like a complete goofball, but him. He makes me a better person. He sees the good in me and he makes me believe that we are not a mistake, it's a blessing.

Even if I wanted to end things between us, I couldn't. He's my other half. He's my soulmate. I can't just walk away from that. He's everything I could ever ask for in a guy. He's thoughtful, understanding and most of all he's loving. Everyday this past week he's sent a bouquet of flowers to the house. Each flower had a note tied up to it telling me everything he loves about me. Each flower said something different. He loves me unconditionally, and that's the best kind of love I can ask for. He hasn't pressured me to end things with Will. We're taking everything one step at a time. He's definitely not being controlling or possessive. He has been getting jealous more than I can remember, but he looks so adorable when he's jealous.

When we go out, he makes sure to take us far away from our town. We always end up driving two hours away from home so that we can be together. Will hasn't suspected a thing. Ever since our phone call, we haven't really connected. Well we never actually connect. We haven't had time to talk. Mostly because I end up making things up so that me and Daniel can be together. A part of me believes he suspects that I'm with Daniel, but he just won't bring it up. That scares me more than him knowing and confronting me about it. If he knows and he's not saying something, that means he's planning something. Something big. Hes planning revenge. And that scares me half to death.

"Penny for your thought, baby doll" Daniel takes my hand in his and looks at me through the drivers side. I love it when he calls me cute nicknames.

"Just thinking about cheerleading," I lie. I don't want him to know what I'm thinking because then i'll worry him and it's enough with just one of us worrying about the future.

He gives me a look that says I don't believe you, but he doesn't push it. Which i'm grateful. "What about it," he says, making conversation.

"Danna quit the team," I say. He cringes at the mentioned of her name. Why would I mention her in our conversations. She's the last person Daniel and I want to think about now that we've settled on a secret relationship. I'm so stupid. I just made everything more uncomfortable.

"I'm sorry. I shouldn't have brought her up. I know how sorry you are for sleeping with her and I bring her up and it reminded you of how mad and disappointed I was with you then. I'm so sorry baby," I apologize as much as I can. I don't want him to ever feel like the way I made him feel.

"I'm the one who should be sorry. I never properly apologized for sleeping with her that one time and.."

"No," I cut him off, shaking my head, "You don't have to apologize. We've both done things we're not proud of and it's better if we all just leave it in the past, where it's supposed to be." I smile up at him and he kisses me on my forehead.