Chapter - 19

After Will walked out with his friends, I decided to head home. I might as well spend the next two hours there before my big confrontation with the beast. Although this weather wasn't helping my situation at all. It’s freezing and I left my sweater in my locker. Thank you Will. Thank god he send a kind angel my way.

As i’m walking home a car pulls beside me and honks the horn a couple of times. The window rolls down revealing Nikki.

“Get in loser, were going shopping” She throws her head back and roars with laughter. I myself let out a loud laugh.

“You are an angel!” I say before getting in the passenger seat

“So i’ve been told” She says as I close the door. I chuckle and put my seat belt on.

A month ago I wouldn't have dared to get inside her car, but things have changed and so have I. I wont be controlled anymore. Everything changes today. Nate has opened my eyes, and it’s time to stop being so scared and make changes in my life. Starting with William.

Nicky's blue Honda starts off and soon were headed for the mall.

“Thanks for the ride,” I say

“No problemo” She gives me a warm smile,”so, have you thought about my offer?”

Oh gosh I totally forgot about the cheerleading team wanting me back on the squad. Another topic I have to bring out tonight with Will. There’s no chance in hell that I will let this opportunity slip from my hands. Dancing is the thing I love the most and if I were to leave it behind again, I would regret it for the rest of my life. I won't let Will decide for me no longer, i'm joining the team, and I wont stop until i’m captain again.

“Yes, I have” I say with a proud smile,”and i'm joining the squad”

Nikki squeals in happiness,”Oh thank god. We have missed you so much. The team will be grateful to have you as captain again”

“No,” I blur out.

I can’t just come into the team and pretend nothing happened. Truth is, I left my team for a guy, a worthless guy. They shouldn't just expect me to come back as the captain. I lost my position as the leader a long time ago. I would gladly take my position back, but that's not what the girls would want. I wouldn't be surprised if they hated me. I left them when they needed me the most. I couldn't possibly take Danna away from her position. She must have worked hard for the girls to want her as her captain. If I want to be captain I have to fight for it. I'm not taking the easy way, not with cheerleading and certainly not with Will.

Nikki is startled with my response,”What do you mean ‘no’?” she asks.

“I can’t expect to be captain again Nikki. I left you guys, and it wouldn't be right of me to come back as if nothing happened. If you want me to be captain again, you have to help me earn that position back.” I tell her.

“How can I help?”

“I have a plan,” I smirk

“What do you have up your sleeves Maryann” she giggles

“You’ll see” I say and we both eye each other and break out into an evil laugh,”Danna won't see it coming”

* * *

One hour and half later and we have done our shopping and started our evil plan to get me as captain again. It’s been so long since i've gone shopping and bought cute clothes to wear. I forgot how great it is to hang out with friends and forget about your problems. Now that i’ve relaxed myself, I have to deal with Will.

“That was so much fun Maryann. We have to hang out some more, with the whole squad” She unlocks her car and we both get inside.

“I don’t think half of the girls there would like to hang out with me, especially Danna” I say once were inside