Chapter - 18

Its a little rusty, but I had to put out a chapter. 

Enjoy ;*

Daniels P.O.V

I hiss in pain when Will grips my ankle, again.

“I warned you, linebacker!” he says with so much venom, like if he was the snake that made Adam and Eve sin and disobey God.

He grips my ankle one last time and I curse loudly.

He lets go of my ankle and walks out of the room, with some kind of pride.

Holy shit man, that bastard is sick! If he hurt me like this, I can’t even imagine how badly he can hurt Maryann. My chances with her now are long gone. After what he said, I can’t afford to let Maryann get hurt more than she already has. I have to protect her from that prick. He’s a monster, and right now all I got to see was a glimpse on how he really is. He needs to be locked up, he’s hurt Maryann too much.

I try to move my ankle a bit, but it just makes me wince even more. I curse loudly again, it seems like it’s the only thing I could do. I hate the fact that I can’t do anything while i'm still in this stupid hospital bed. How long until I get to be me again? That’s the only way I could beat Will at his own games. He wants to play games, then games we’ll play. I don't think he knows how far I’m willing to go to make Maryann happy again. Maybe it won't be exactly how she used to be, but i’ll do whatever it takes to get her the way she was before. Full of life with nothing bringing her down. I still haven’t told her about Danna and him. Not only does he abuse her, but he has the nerve to cheat on her. And he claims he loves her! Ha!

I lay my head down, to try and calm my anger down. I need some type of energy to make my plan and finally ruin Will. I close my eyes and try to imagine what life would be like in ten years. I picture Maryann and I, happily married with little juniors running around the house. How perfect would life be with the women I love by my side.

Next thing I know i'm being shaken by someone. I mentally curse, I was having such a great dream with Maryann. But some moron had to wake me up from it.

I groan and open my eyes, standing before me is the only women I will always love no matter what. A warm smile is placed on her lips, her wrinkles are tight around her eyes, and her bright blue eyes shine bright. I smile back at my mother and she places a kiss on my forehead.

“It’s been forever since you fell asleep. Your dad was right when he said you sleep like a rock.” My mother jokes and I laugh along with her.

“I get that from you, mom” she gives me a flat look and slaps my arm playfully pretending I offended her.

“Cabron!” She curses in spanish

I laugh and so does my dad.

“Anyways, we were talking with your doctor and he says you’ll be out of here in no time”

“How long is no time” I ask. I know that even if I do leave this place I won't be able to do any of the regular stuff I do. I wont be able to walk on my own two feet, I won’t be able to drive, and I certainly won't be able to play football. I’ll be the joke of my team.

“Well it all depends honey, tomorrow you have another x-ray and if the doctor says you're ready to let it heal on you own, you can finally be home.” She squeals in happiness

I give my mom a half smile. I know she’s trying to make me feel better, but I don’t think i’ll be happy for a really long time. Life just seems so pointless right now, but I have to help Maryann. Will can’t force her to be with him and I’m going to find out the real reason why Maryann is with him, because I know for a fact that she doesn't love him. Who can love a monster like him?