2.56. Love in Between

Two days had passed and I became a slave of my big brother. I followed what he wanted and in return, he won't harm our brother, Saint. He was captured by our big brother and I don't know the details yet. I'm refraining from going the basement or else, big brother will become suspicious on me.

The members of the Argus disagree of my big brother's wishes. One is it that I will be free but his men will keep on following me wherever I go. I didn't complain and just follow what my big brother ordered. Second, Mr. Harrington wants me dead and it became an argument within the organization because Scott won't allow it. It's his love that keeps me safe for now. Malcolm has no objections and he's the only one who agrees with my big brother.

I'm still on the upperhand against the Mr. Harrington and Barbra because my big brother is the leader of the organization and he controls most of their men. In short, I became the mistress here and the second in command.

"Scott..." I called him now with first name basis.

"Yes, baby?"

I looked at him gently while we were having dinner alone inside his room. He prepared the candle light dinner, delicious food especially my favorites were in the table, and a bottle of wine.

"I am wodering, what would be our life if we stayed like this forever?" I asked put of nowhere because I am curious what will be his plans in the near future.

He smiled at me and stood up. He suddenly kneel in front of me and took my right hand. I was expecting that he's going to take out a ring from his pocket but he didn't. Instead, he kissed my hand and said.

"I am not perfect but I want to be perfect for you. I know I did horrible things but can you blame me for loving you?"

I act naturally and I wasn't lying this time. I held his hand and said. "No one is perfect. We did things either bad or good because of love."

"But I am bad."

"No, you aren't. I guess you want me to see you, just only you." I meant what I said. I somehow pity him too because of what he went through.

He was manipulated by our grandfather who was so greedy with power and wealth that made him into a monster in discreet. He killed our grandfather at a young age, and lied to what happened. No one suspects him about the death of our grandfather.

I am stupid for not taking it too deep. I only have superficial evidences and thought our grandfather is still alive because it was named after him. Now, I know that the fourth member of the Argus is our father and it was a right call to cut him from communicating and hide him.

About our grandfather, our father hide the incident except with the members in the organization. They knew yet they never tell. No one knows that my grandfather is dead until now. Witnesses were paid to shut their mouths and of course, by the power of the Deveraux family, they can do everything. Money can change everything... the truth, life, sex, and others because of people's greed.

"Will you still love, Bas?" He asked me seriously.

At this point, I have to lie. "Yes... but love me in a right way."

However, the last statement I said, I really meant it. It's my second step to capture my big brother in my world... the world I created myself making him believe that I love him more than a brother.

"I will, baby. I will obey your wishes as you are my Queen." He said.

I wanted to grin but I didn't. I was successful on taming him. I am free to walk around the hideout although guards were following me. I stayed comfortably and whatever I asked for, they gave it to me.