Prologue

I didn't expect that I will end up hurt in this rainy afternoon. Because of it, I am afraid to fall in love again.

My life started as simply beautifully but a little bit of it was spicy because of my stepbrother who always get mad and blamed the world how unfair it is. Yes, the world is really unfair for a person like me who fell in love with my stepbrother, Joss.

I was happy while waiting for him at the waiting shed near the school on this rainy afternoon. He told me early this morning that he have something to say to me. Of course, I am expecting that he will tell me about what he feels towards me. The road was busy because it's rush hour and people were desperate to go home right after work or class. I'm holding a necklace with a ring as a pendant. I paid a lot for it because it was customized and I spent most of my earned money from my part-time jobs.

While I was waiting for Joss, I saw him talking across the side of the road. He's chasing a girl with a long black hair, white-skin, and in uniform. She's from a different school. I didn't put malice on what I saw and was about to call his name. While I was crossing the street, my feet stopped from walking when I saw them kissing.

It instantly make my heart aches and everything inside me was in blank, except the pain. My senses were shut and my eyes were looking at them. My vision started to blur because of the rain and my tears. I shouldn't react this way because Joss and I weren't in relationship and I hide my feelings since I decided to act casually like brothers. But, I am human too and it's natural for me to react when I saw the guy that I love kissed a girl.

I wanted to run but my feet didn't react. My nervous system shuts down and I dropped my umbrella and was thrown a few meters away.

It hurts more deeply when I was lying on the ground. I felt my head was about to crack. My body can't move but my eyes are still looking to the one I love. I saw Joss' face like he savored that kiss, and someone came to me. He was drenched by the rain and panicked. I heard he called an ambulance and lately I know that I got into an accident. I saw many people surrounded me trying to help but they're having second thoughts and I can see in their faces that they're scared.

The guy who hit me with his car didn't wait for the ambulance. He carried me and get me inside his car. He was scared and drove fast as he can to the nearest hospital. I'm started to get dizzy and soon, I'll passed out.

I tried to take my phone in the pocket of my pants but the guy stopped me.

"Don't move!" He exclaimed and held my arm. I wanted to tell him to call my mother but I can't.

Even though I got into an accident, I still see the scenario where Joss kissed the girl. I just cried and how stupid I am to believe that Joss will love me back. My vision blurred, my heartbeat started to slow down, and my body can't feel the pain anymore until I closed my eyes and shut everything that happened in my life.

~~.~~

"Is he okay?" I heard a woman's voice who asked someone.

I heard someone is crying beside me and that someone also held my hand.

"He's not okay!" I heard also woman's voice beside me. "Look at him, he's covered with bruises and abrasions. He got fractures on his right arm and leg. And he's in coma!"

The woman was upset and I can feel his grip on my hand. Their voices weren't familiar to me so I woke up. At first it was blurred until it slowly became clear. I saw the face of a woman who was crying. She's beautiful, fair skin with pinkish lips, and with long dark brown hair.

"Andrea! He's awake!"

I looked around and found myself in a room. I heard a sound at my right side. It was a device with sich tracings, numbers, and letters. I kept looking around until I saw a familiar face.