22. Turn of Events

I received a good news about my application for scholarship. I was granted to go back to school with some conditions. Joss came with me to the school as I read the conditions of my scholarship and it looks okay for me but a little bit suspicious.

It's suspicious because one of my condition is to work under the Deveraux Company and it's not in line with the course I took. The only person I got in conversation was Scott Deveraux. Maybe he's behind of my scholarship but why he wanted to invest on me?

I asked the Dean who granted my scholarship and she told me that it was Mr. Seth Deveraux. I didn't expect that he wanted to invest on me so I asked for his number from the Dean but it was confidential.

"What's bothering you?" Joss asked me while we were heading to the Dela Vega residence.

Maybe he saw me spacing out but I was thinking why Mr. Deveraux granted me a scholarship.

"Can you take me to the Deveraux Company?" I asked him.

"Are you planning to see Mr. Deveraux?"

"Yes. I want to ask him some personal questions." I answered.

"Okay but I'm coming with you."

I nodded and he drove fast. I send a message to Cassandra that we're going to be late and we'll get little Josh about an hour.

When we arrived at the Deveraux Company building, I felt my nerves and my hands were shaking when I took a step inside the building. Joss and I headed to the information area and asked for Mr. Seth Deveraux but the lady denied us because we don't have any appointment.

"I guess we'll come back again, Bas." Joss said.

I looked around the lobby and by luck, I saw Scott who was talking with his men who accompany him. I ran and tried to approach but the security blocked me.

"Let me through. I want to talk with Sir Scott." I said.

"I'm sorry Sir but you're not allowed to pass." The security said.

I was annoyed and think of something to get Scott's attention. I didn't notice that Joss was beside me.

"What are you planning?" He asked me.

"Just go with flow." I answered.

I tried to pass through and the security kept on blocking my way until I screamed.

"Pervert! You touch my birdy!!!"

Of course, I lied just to get everyone's attention while Scott is still in the area.

"What?!!"

Bingo!

Joss reacted naturally. I know he's overprotective towards me and this would be his reaction when someone molested me.

"You pervert!!!" Joss shouted and started a scene. He was about to punch the security who was defending himself.

I still create a commotion by accusing the security. I have no other way but this. People were looking and other staffs came in and tried to calm the commotion but I wasn't.

"What's the commotion about?"

And finally, I got Scott's attention and he asked the security about the commotion until he noticed me.

"Bas? Is that you?" He asked.

"Mr. Deveraux." I answered, pretending I didn't saw him a while ago.