2.40 Into The Darkness

Joss POV

I don't know why my wifey wanted us to go to the Deveraux's mansion and else, Mr. Deveraux invited me for a dinner. However, Josh and I were stuck in a heavy traffic because of a car accident. I was very mad deep inside due to this heavy traffic while Josh quietly sat down on his seat.

"Dad, why Mommy want us to the mansion? I feel uncomfortable to go there." Josh said.

I pat his head and messed his hair.

"Don't feel scared. You have us. Mommy won't let anything happen to us." I said.

The kid nodded and he sat quietly again. I was pissed by the traffic that made us very late. It's almost eight in the evening and I know they had already started. I send a message to my wifey but he didn't reply. Maybe they had dinner already without us.

When we passed through the accident, I drove fast as I can to the Deveraux's mansion. We arrived at the mansion exactly eight-twenty in the evening. The guards let us in then we went out from the car. I held Josh's little hand and the butler welcome us and led us to the dining area.

But... I didn't expect to see something that breaks my heart. Kim was kneeling and putting a ring on my wifey's finger. It looks like he's proposing to Bas and my heart was squeezed like I can't breathe. Aside from being broken-hearted, I felt hatred and madness towards Kim Tan.

"No!" I reacted and everyone is looking at me.

Bas' face was surprised and instantly shifted his reaction to his usual face. I looked at him and held my tears as I can.

"Mr. Rivera, please join us." Mr. Deveraux invited us but I ignored him.

I took a step about two but I stopped. I held my temper, jealousy, and hatred all at once because if I took another steps, I am pretty sure that I will cause a fight.

I sensed nothing from Bas' expression. He never showed any care towards me whether I am hurt or not. But who am I to complain. Maybe this is my greatest karma for hurting him before. Now, I deserve this pain that I am feeling right now.

When I looked at Dan, I noticed that he's glaring at Kim Tan. His eyes were like those tigers and lions who had the instinct to kill.

I remember what Troy said to me when we met and who he suspected to have the greatest hatred. But, his hatred rushed towards Kim Tan. We had the same reaction and how we glared Kim.

"Come on, Josh. Let's go home." I said and turned my back on them. I held Josh's hand but Mr. Deveraux stopped us.

"Please wait. Have a dinner first before leaving. It would be rude for us for..."

"It's okay, Sir. If inviting me for a dinner just to see this kind of scene then I thank you but I don't need to be part of this." I said and we went out from the dining area.

Josh didn't say a thing when we went back to where we entered. I asked the guards to get my car and while waiting, Josh finally asked me what happened.

"Dad, I don't understand."

I kneeled on the ground just to get on his height level as I touched his face and said. "You're Mommy... he's marrying someone soon."

I saw his eyes full of sadness and he touched my face with his tiny hand.

"It's okay to cry Daddy. I know you're hurt. Don't let the ache hits you deep in one place. It will cause more hatred and violence." He said.

This kid made me cry as my tears fell off from my eyes. I pulled him in and hugged him so tight. He rubbed my back gently as he said.

"Let it out, Daddy. You can have my shoulder to cry for if Mommy can't."