2.42. The Chase

Sylvester's POV

After the incident, one of my suspects revealed himself but what I can't understand was Barbra. I don't know if it's acting or not because the reactions she showed us when she became a hostage was very legit. The incident flashes in my brain and I realized that Barbra didn't fight back against Joseph Rivera. If she wanted to get free from Mr. Rivera then she should have fight against him but she didn't. And else, the pilot was their accomplice because the helicopter was found somewhere in an open area near the border of the city and the southern province.

I am positive that Joss is heading to the south to chase his father. I followed him and retreated our men to capture Mr. Rivera. I'm giving Joss two days to bring his father back and surrender. And if not, I will take actions and won't delay it anymore.

The phone rang on my desk and I took it.

"Sir, Mr. Seth Deveraux is here."

"Let him in."

The door opened and Mr. Deveraux came in with his son, Scott. I offered them the couch and they sat down.

"Why you didn't order our men to capture Mr. Rivera?" Mr. Deveraux asked me.

I sat down on the couch across them and replied. "I'm giving Joss two days to convince his father to surrender."

"And what if not?" Scott asked.

"Then no more delays. I will take actions and won't let Mr. Rivera execute his remaining plans." I answered and Mr. Deveraux looked satisfied.

"Okay, I get it." Mr. Deveraux reacted and smiled at me. "You want his son to bring him back and surrender. I didn't expect how cruel you are, Sylvee."

I grinned and said. "I learned it from you, Sir."

Scott was clueless what we were talking about. It would be my satisfaction to see Mr. Rivera betrayed by his own son. But what bothers me, Mr. Rivera might go crazy and disown Joss. If that happens, Joss might be in danger.

Wait... why am I so worried about Joss? I shouldn't get worried whether he gets hurt because I am positive that his father won't hurt him.

"Anyway, give me updates Sylvester. I also wanted to see Mr. Rivera behind bars." Mr. Deveraux said.

I nodded and said. "No problem."

Mr. Deveraux and Scott went out from my office. I had in my thoughts why Mr. Deveraux didn't take action when he knew that Mr. Rivera will betray him. I didn't get his logic why he needs to keep the snake in his den.

I finished my paper work and had an early out. I need to fetch little Josh as of now while Joss is away. When I was waiting for the lift, I received a message from Tee. He informed me that he found the location of Mr. Rivera.

I used everything in my power and wealth just to locate Mr. Rivera. I want to end this or else he might cause another incident just like yesterday. The board members were frightened and they decided to remove Mr. Rivera from the company. However, it wasn't easy because he had a share in this company and Mrs. Rivera is his wife that might claim his husband's shares.

I instructed Tee to keep on track as he also told me that Joss is at the secluded house in the Southern Province. Maybe Joss had a difficulty of convincing his father to surrender.

The lift arrived and the doors opened. I saw Kim and he was glad to see me.

"Where are you going?" He asked me.