25. Never Took Advantage

Bas' POV

I'm at the Dela Vega residence because I wanted my little Josh to be left with Miss Sandra and Sir Carlos. Cassandra is coming with me to a birthday party... Gary's birthday party. I can't say no since he also helped me before and I owe him that one.

Joss was on his way from school. Their class ended at six in the evening and he went home to change clothes. I went ahead of him since I left school at four in the afternoon.

"Bas, can I borrow him for a week please?" Miss Sandra asked.

I smiled and answered. "I'm sorry but I can't Miss Sandra. I'm going to miss my little fella if you want him to stay here for a week."

She pouted her lips as she face little Josh. My baby laughed out loud because Miss Sandra was making such faces.

"If you want, you can stay at our house for a week." Sir Carlos said.

He came down from the stairs and sat beside Miss Sandra who was playing little Josh.

"Dad, you know Bas is such a shy kid. Of course he don't want to stay in our house because his father might know about it." Cassandra joined the conversation as she came back in the living room from the kitchen.

"I insists!" Sir Carlos voice started to raise. "You can stay here and leave that idiot stepbrother of yours."

Cassandra chuckled and I felt ashamed. He wanted me to stay here for the rest of my life but I can't. It's too much to ask and they don't have any responsibility on me and to little Josh.

Sir Carlos kept on insisting and I refused. He felt annoyed every time I refused him.

A few minutes after, I heard a beep from the gate. I knew that it was Joss because the pattern of beep. I stood up and went out, checking on if it is Joss and yes, I am right. He went out from his car and I was stunned when I saw him.

Joss is wearing a black blazer with a white shirt underneath. His hair is fixed well and when he smiled, I felt that the garter of my underwear snapped.

He walked towards me, smiling while I was stunned, and the next thing happened, he kissed me on the lips.

"Starstruck?" He asked me and I finally snapped.

"Hell no!" I exclaimed and pushed him away from me.

I felt my face was so warm and I went inside right away. Sir Carlos was standing and waiting for Joss.

"I don't trust you, Joss... you know that but you should take care of Bas tonight or else, I'm going to skin you alive if something happens to him." Sir Carlos threatened him.

"Not in my watch, Mr. Dela Vega." Joss answered.

I saw how Sir Carlos glared at him but Joss was so composed and wasn't intimidated. Joss gave peck to his son and he asked me to go now. I bid my farewell to the Dela Vega and Cassandra was so excited for party as she went ahead of us to Joss' car.

We were caught by the traffic and Cassandra took the chance to put some cream on my face. I just let her put something on my face until she's started to fix my hair and I stopped her.

"Why? You won't look pretty if your hair is messy." She said.

"I'm okay with my messy hair. I'm used to it and I don't want to catch some attention." I answered.

"Really? Or someone forbids you to fix yourself?" She asked and glanced at Joss who was driving.

We were at the backseat because my bestfriend were putting something on my face. She gave me a mirror and looked at myself. My face brighten a little bit but I'm conscious with my lips. It's pinkish compared before with no lipstick.