13. White Lies

It was Friday and this day means a family time. Every time I woke up on Fridays, I felt excited because it's the last day of school every week and spending time with my family is what I'm looking forward for.

I woke up early in the morning with my baby in my arms. He's still sleeping and I kissed him on the forehead to wake him up.

"Good morning." I greeted him while he's trying to open his eyes.

"What time is it?" He asked.

"Five in the morning."

He nodded and finally he opened his eyes. My baby Bas is the cutest in this world. He gave me a kiss on my cheek and I asked another on my other cheek. He lightly hit me on my arm and he did what I asked for.

"I need to get up. I'm going to prepare your breakfast." He said.

When he was about to got up, I pulled his arms and fell on my chest.

"Dan, enough with this. You already hugged me the whole night." He complained.

"And I want to hug you forever, baby."

I heard him sighed and he didn't resist against me. I hugged him for a couple of minutes until he needs to get up and to prepare.

"You can hug me after your class." He said and went out from the room.

I got up and looked for my shirt. I removed it last night because it was too hot. Yes, it was hot and it's due to my sex hormones that rise up when my baby Bas was in my arms. Of course, I also had some sexual desires which I cannot do it on him. I took a bath then dressed up and headed downstairs with baby Josh to grab some breakfast.

Bas is still cooking but the sunny side-up eggs and bacon were on the table. I don't know what he was cooking. I put down baby Josh on his baby chair and I ate. After a few minutes, Bas came in and he put down a plate with hotdogs and a loaf of bread.

"No rice?" I asked.

He looked at the table and noticed that there's no rice.

"Oops! Sorry." He said and smiled.

He was about to stand up and I stopped him. I went to the kitchen, grabbed a bowl then place the cooked rice in it. When I came back, Bas already fed our bahy Josh and I started to eat the hotdogs with the rice.

"Bas, do you have any plans later?" I asked while having my breakfast.

"Hmmm." He was thinking if he had some schedule today. "I think I don't have. Why?"

I smiled and said. "Can we dine out tonight?"

"Sure. What time is your last subject?"

"At six in the evening." I answered.

"Are you sure you can come not later than seven? You know that it's traffic at that hour."

"I'll try but can you wait if I get late?" I asked him because he doubt that I'll be on time and make him wait.

"I can wait until you arrive." He answered and I smiled.

Since it's weekend and I never take him out last Friday, it's my gesture to cope up and treat him. He's always at home and do the household chores especially washing my clothes, preparing my meals and my clothes for school, and everything. I guess a simple dinner out just by showing my gratitude is enough. I know Bas isn't materialistic and he appreciate such simple gestures.

What I love about Bas is his thoughtfulness.

He never asked for any return on what he did like helping me out in studies too. And I am drowned by it and sometimes, I got dependent on him instead of he should be dependent on me. He never asked for money because he worked for it. And all I can do to help him is taking care of baby Josh's necessities. Sometimes he got mad if I bought three big cans of powdered milk for Josh. I know he wanted to keep his pride but I can't let it happen that he always spend everything.