2-39. Broken Chain of Hearts

I was like struck by the lightning when I knew Bas is a Deveraux. He is the youngest child of the family, Shawn Deveraux, which the family knew he died from the car accident together with his mother. Bas is really out of my reach, his one of the heir of the Deveraux to speak for the truth.

Every time I think of it, I felt so small. I felt I'm just a dust through his existence and I was like a fool bullying him.

But, that's not the case now. I tried to connect all the events, the ambush we experienced three weeks ago might be due to this reason. The enemy who hides in the dark already knew that he is a Deveraux.

Instead of myself feeling small, I'll make use of my existence to protect him. It was a great plan of his to stick with me because I knew father is behind of the ambush. He wanted Bas to be dead because of what my wifey did to him. But, what if it isn't only my father who's after my wifey's life? What if there's someone? Like Barbra or the Harrington? Might as well think of some plans to protect my wifey, but what plan?

Everyday, I was all in with my thoughts until Josh noticed me being restless.

"Dad, what's wrong? Why are you so restless?" He asked me while we're having snacks after his afternoon class.

"I'm just thinking of my work tomorrow. You know, Daddy will go back to work." I lied.

He raised his left eyebrow, giving me a suspicious look.

"You're lying." He said and I wanted to pinch his chubby cheeks.

"No, I'm not! I'm thinking a lot of my comeback." I teased and chuckled.

"Okay, if that's what you said."

I'm feeding him up with a lot of pint of chocolate ice cream. While he was busy and I was sipping my juice, I certainly think of something to keep my wifey safe. I don't know how to do it but with Troy, I know he can help me.

I texted Troy and asked for his advised but he sent me a message to meet up rather than talked it over a text message. He asked for tomorrow after my clinic hours and I agreed.

We went home afterwards and Josh went to straight to the room to take a shower then he hit on his homeworks. I was very impatient so I asked Troy to meet me at the cafe in my condo. I asked permission from Josh and I went down.

"Why are you so impatient?" He asked me as soon as he arrived.

"Troy, I can't waste every second knowing that my wifey is in danger." I answered.

"I know that but being so rush will lead us our own demise." He said and sipped his cup of coffee.

"You can't blame me for feeling like this. It is Bas' life that is in stake and I won't allow anything will happen to him."

Troy sighed and gave me smirked on his face. He pulled out something from his coat and gave me an envelope. I opened it and saw pictures.

"Those are the people that I assumed who wanted to kill your wifey. One is your father." He said.

"I can't deny that. I already knew that he had the instinct to kill my wifey."

"But it's not only you're father. Barbra is on her move. She's meeting a lot of people right now and one of it is your father." Troy added.

My father met up with Barbra? Father is one of the board members in the company but Barba, why is she meeting up with him? She doesn't have any business with my fathwr because she doesn't have a share in the company. It was very suspicious that they're meeting up.