2.36. The Piece of Chess

Scarlet's POV

"Young Lady, the plane is ready."

I am on my way back to my country after how many years studying in Massachusetts and working here in Tokyo, Japan. Father won't allow me to go home and I was really pissed why he doesn't want me to come back. I also have a reason why I must go home because my little brother Saint isn't replying to my email for almost twelve years. I am worried sick about him and when I hired a private investigation, they can't track him.

Other reason why I wanted to go home is because of Sylvester. He asked me to come and help him in the Deveraux Company which he didn't know, I am also a Deveraux. I hide my identity, changed my name as Sarah, just to make my father blind on it. For sure if he knew, he will cast me away to another country.

I am glad that Sylvester invited me to join my father's company. I was scared that father will know about it but he doesn't make calls on me. I guess Sylvester is doing it secretly or maybe, he had a new project to be presented in the next monthly meeting.

My men accompanied me while heading to my private jet plane. I once took a glance at the airport and felt that I won't go back here anymore. Tokyo is a beautiful place but there is something I must do first. I must find Saint.

It took me four hours of flight and got some air of my hometown country. No one knows about my arrival, even my father and big brother, Scott. The first thing I did when I stepped on the land of my country was calling Sylvester. I informed him that I already arrived. He told me that his men were waiting for us to accompany us to the hotel where he booked for me.

Such a sweetie!

I really adore Sylvester so much. Every time I looked at him, he had a resemblance with Mom. The way he smiled and his fair skin, gosh, he really looked like a replica to my mother. And when we looked at each other on the mirror when we were hanging out in Massachusetts, sometimes I can say that he's my little brother. Although, Saint is pretty too but sometimes his testosterones surfaced.

I knew that my little brother Saint is a bisexual and he hid it from us. Only I knew because I let my men followed him everywhere. I am that possessive of my dear Saint. He's fragile but annoying sometimes when he teased me.

When my men and I went out from the luggage area, there were men who approached us but one of them talked to me. The slanted-eye guy who was always around with Sylvester. I can't remember his name but I am sure he was that guy.

"Good evening, Miss Scarlet."

"Good evening." I greeted and looked around, looking for Sylvester. "Where is he?"

"Young Master had some important meetings today. He will visit you at the hotel once he is done." He answered.

"Okay. Please tell him to hurry." I said.

Sylvester's men led the way and there were cars for us. He really doesn't change. He's always thoughtful and caring. I smiled when I hopped in the car and they take me to the hotel where I will be staying.

While we were heading to the hotel, I tried to contact Saint's number but it's out of reach. I don't know what happened to him and I am worried sick. I sent emails to big brother Scott but he didn't reply. I know he was busy but I guess he won't ignore me worrying about Saint. I called Saint's bestfriend, it's also out of reached.

What's happening?

I had this feeling that Saint is in trouble. There were no news that he's dead or missing so I expect that his alright. That little brother of mine was naughty and outgoing but he's not like this, just vanished like thin air.