21.5: Us

( I want to give one more thank you to all my readers out there! I'm so happy I was able to work on this story, this is definitely one of my favourites.

Please, let me know what you think! I would love to hear your thoughts on Luka's journey!

And if you want more fanfics, let me know! I'm considering Fenrir next :3 )

(Kelly P.O.V)

(The Next Morning)

A soft chirping flitted past my consciousness. A soft warmth was spreading over me, warming me and calming me as I slept.

My eyes slowly opened, and the first thing I saw was soft grass, and the sturdy tree I had been sitting near last night.

Wait...last night?

That meant I'd fallen asleep here.

I shifted and slowly sat up, grass in my now somewhat mussed up hair, and my face tired and sore from crying so hard. I rubbed my eyes to wake myself up, looking around at the expanse of forest around me.

It really was morning. A clear blue sky and bright sun shouted good morning to me.

But I didn't feel like calling back.

My heart sank like a stone. Another day Luka. It was just another day without you.

My heart stung. I hadn't yet gotten over the events of last night. Seeing Luka playing his violin...it was too much.

I began to stand up, using the tree to balance me as I got to my feet; the familiar darkness of loneliness washing over me. I didn't want to do anything today, except for sleep.

Facing the world was just something I couldn't do. Not now.

"Ack-S-Sir! Please be careful!!"

I began to walk towards the gates, feeling like a ghost of myself. I needed to get to bed. I could hardly function in this despair.

"Sir you mustn't!"

"G-ahh!"

In the courtyard, I could hear some of the guards yelling. From their shakey words, I could tell there was a problem.

I stepped closer.

"No just let me--!"

"You can't do this on your own!!"

It was two different voices. One was angry and anxious, and the other was weak, but stubborn.

I came to the gates and slipped inside. From there, I looked up across the courtyard to see a Black Army guard trying to hold back a man with crutches.

....and purple hair.

"I need t-to find her! S-staahh...stand down!"

The purple haired man was weak. He did his best to fight against the soldier that held him, but ended up tripping and falling to his knees in fatigue.

I watched, looking over the two men.

An emotion the size of an asteroid suddenly hit me.

"O-oh g-god..." I stuttered. My mouth went dry. I stepped forward and crippled to my knees.

"Alice!? Ack--- Sir you cant!!"

I was kneeling on all fours, staring at the ground in almost a catatonic state of shock. Tears were rushing down my face.

I looked up, unable to believe my eyes.

"W-watch me!!" The purple haired man managed to pull himself to his feet and away from the guard. I blinked, trying to stay alert.

But it was clear I was losing conscious time, because when I came to again, he was overtop of me as I laid on the cobblestone.

He was thin. His amber eyes had lost some of their sparkle because they looked tired and worried. His purple hair was a little longer now, and his skin was even more pale.

He held me in his arms, leaning over me with absolute desperate fear in his eyes.

"Kelly... Kelly are....are you...okay?"

He was panting breathlessly. I just continued to stare.

"L-Luka..?" I was so overcome, I wondered if I was actually in a dream.

I rose my shaking hand to his face, terrified to touch him.

But as I spoke his name, his amber eyes broke into tears. Water streamed down his cheeks. He rose his frail fingers and took my hand, placing it to his cheek.

"It's me..." He sobbed, extreme relief flooding his face.

I began to pant, the relief of seeing him awake throwing my body into disarray. I could hardly speak through my laboured breathing.

"H-h-how?"

But he didn't answer. Instead, he dropped the one crutch he was using to lean up against and lowered his face to mine, kissing me weakly but as passionately as he could muster. The two of us sobbed through the entire embrace.

Finally, I opened my eyes and stared into his. I pulled back only slightly; my words grazing his lips.

"Luka--I---"

"Us." He interrupted.

"I love you, and I want you...

I want Us."