4: Hiding Behind Those Eyes

(Thank you for your patience! Here is the next chapter. I actually wrote about 3 different idea's before settling on this one. I hope you enjoy the angst! ; D )

(Kelly P.O.V)

After such a long night, it was relieving to finally get some rest. Albeit, the house was quieter that day, since everyone slept until atleast 4 or 5pm. Even Luka.

--------

The next morning, I awoke early to a bright, fresh snowfall outside my window. It was the beginning of December, which meant that snow and holiday excitement were the trend for these next few weeks. Once I saw the bright morning air filled with snowflakes, I felt my heart leap the same way it did when I was a little girl.

I was beaming ear to ear as I dressed in a wool dress and winter stockings, then threw on my grey peacoat and raced downstairs. Blanc was leaving the kitchen with a cup of tea just as I threw my boots on at the door.

"Ah, Kelly. Good morning."

"Good morning!" I happily chided.

"Are you off to run those errands this morning?"

"Yes, just as you asked! I'll get the groceries you needed right away." I stood up, put on a hat and gloves, and tapped my pocket, making sure I had the money needed.

"I haven't seen Luka in some time so he must be busy, but make sure he goes with you." Blanc took a sip of his tea and smiled to me.

"Of course! See you soon!" I exited outside and shut the door as I left. Once I got outside, everything was pure white. The snow sparkled beautifully in the sunlight.

"Woooww.." was all I could muster as I looked around. I felt like I was in my own real life snow globe. After a few moments of relishing the scenery, I began my task at hand. Finding Luka.

But to my surprise, he was no where in sight. He wasn't standing at his spot near the house, nor was he in the backyard. I even walked a few minutes up the street, but found nothing. I paused to look around in confusion. Currently the army hadn't sent a replacement to relieve Luka either. So clearly he had to be working...

After a few more minutes of searching, I began to give up. Clearly he was somewhere around here, but must've been busy. I mean, if he wasn't, he'd escort me, right? When it seemed I had no other option, I began my walk towards town. I knew my way, and figured since it was so early, there was no way someone would attack me in broad daylight. I was sure I'd be fine..

But when I got to the outskirts of my destination about a half an hour later, I realised maybe being alone wasn't so fine.

Making tracks in the snow as I travelled the covered trail, I stepped towards the Central Quarter gates just up ahead, but paused. I noticed a man standing in the way, his back to me. He was somewhat tall, and had a lean but muscular stature. He was wearing a long black coat that seemed to be ripped in some places, and had hot pink sleeves sticking out underneath. He also had some of the most gorgeous pink curls I'd ever seen. I blinked, stopping few feet from him.

The man clearly sensed me coming; he turned and laid eyes on me immediately. My mouth opened slightly in surprise as my gaze fell on his two different coloured eyes. He truly did look different than anyone I'd ever seen. Oddly enough, he had a sort of runt-like elegance to him.

"My my my..."

His sultry voice was full of intrigue as he stared me down. A cold winter wind passed between us, blowing his pink hair amongst his face. I blinked, and instantly the man disappeared. He reappeared beside me just as quickly. I gasped and jumped.