18: Countdown Pt.2

We were dropping in numbers quickly...

The remaining disciples threw up the barrier once again before chaos between us rang out.

"GAHH DAMNIT!!" Fenrir suddenly whipped out his pistols and began shooting the barrier, the panic within our group already engulfing us.

"Fenrir NO!" Sirius made to grab for his friend's arm, for fear that provoking Amon would bring even more bloodshed. The shots easily missed.

 A sudden high pitched ringing filled my ears as the devil himself spoke infront of us.

"Eight."

Another spire morphed out of the ground and aimed at Fenrir. Sirius just managed to tackle him as the sharp point missed it's target and tore through the Queen of Spades bicep instead. The two fell to the ground.

I started to shake as I muttered their names in shock. "S-Sirius...Fenrir..."

Amons attacks were coming so quickly: split second movements that rendered us completely helpless. I couldn't even put my own Magic barrier up, as before I could even register when to use it, my friends were already injured.

"H-hey..S-Sirius...?"

Fenrirs voice shook as he sat up underneath his Queen. I had never seen Fenrir so pale in my life. The eldest of the Black Army was panting softly, his arm bloody and completely limp. His muscle had been entirely torn through. His pained purple eyes looked up to Fenrir as he tried to sit up, clearly wincing all the while in his pain.

"A-are you okay..buddy..?" Fenrir stared at his friend infront of him as he panted, bleeding profusely. The Ace of Spades wore remorse all over his face, reaching out a trembling hand and placing it fearfully on Sirius' shoulder. In response, Sirius swallowed, closing his eyes to try and focus on shutting out the pain.

"Y-yeah.."

"You're pain won't be for nothing." Fenrirs expression suddenly changed and he slid out from underneath Sirius, standing and cocking his guns.

"You'll pay Amon." He grit his teeth, staring daggers and utter hatred at his enemy. Amon grinned in reply.

"Seven."

My heart skipped a beat. Another explosion. This time, in the forest. The exact positioning of the fireball that lit up the tree's silenced us instantly. Blanc's cottage...

"Shoot me! I dare you. See what happens when you do." Amon was cackling maniacally.

The Ace of Spades eyes went wide, hesitating just like Jonah did. If he attacked, would more innocent people suffer? I could see his hands that held his guns shaking in distress. He was beginning to pant as panic set in..

"B-Brother..." A weak voice broke the tense silence. It was Luka..

Jonah too, miraculously stirred. His feeble coughs were fatigued and pained. My heart wrenched, and I looked to Loki. He was laying still on the ground. His chest rose and fell slowly with his unconscious breathing.

Thank goodness..

"Have you had enough?" The Magic King gawked at us. He was ready to strike again at any moment.

"T-take me. Just..leave them..."

Luka shakily tried to rise from the ground once again. The snow around him was stained red.

"N-NO! You can't!!" I shouted.

The youngest Clemence turned to me and we met eyes. He broke into a pained smile, one that tore my heart apart. The moment I had witnessed him playing violin in the forest immediately rose to my mind. I knew exactly what he was going to do.