20: Possession

(To all my readers, thank you again for your amazing patience as I write this chapter! With everything that's been going on in the world lately, it's been tough to write. But I hope this chapter is to your liking! It's honestly a sad one, but much needed in the story!

I hope all of you stay safe, and stay well. There's about one more chapter left, then Lukas story is done! From there I'll be writing something for Fenrir, so if you're looking for more Ikemen Rev to read during this trying time, I've got you covered! :) I will do my best to release more content for you guys, I currently have a Bungo Stray Dogs fic going, as well as a new Persona one I'm about to start up. Maybe I'll even write more quick Ikemen one shots to give you guys more fun things to read! :)

Finally, to end my long authors note, this chapter does deal with grief in the form of dealing with a loved one in hospital. I don't want to upset anyone as I know this is a sensitive topic, so please be warned and perhaps consider not reading this chapter if it will upset you!

Stay safe everyone. I'll do everything j can to get the next chapter up as quick as possible! )

(Kelly P.O.V)

My heart pounded; heavy beats rocking my chest. My palms began to sweat unconsciously.

I had waited all week for this. Ever since I watched Lancelot tackle Ray from behind that day, and light up Cradle in an explosion that brought so much chaos, the homeland as we knew it now was now a changed, nearly deserted country..

My terror stricken eyes stared at Seth. I hadn't seen Luka since the fight. I had no idea if he was alive or dead. I had no idea what had happened since the sleeping gas..

And yet every day I saw my love in my mind, the flashbacks of his pain on repeat like a broken record.

"C-can I...handle it...Seth? Can I handle what you're going to tell me?"

My hands started to shake. I hadn't been the same since that fight. I could barely control my day to day life. I was constantly filled with fear; the ever evolving terror of a disciple coming for me at any moment a reality I lived to dread.

I didn't know how to fix it either. I just existed, day to day, trying to overcome the emotionally exhausting waves.

Seth's expression fell. His eyes looked down to my hands as they shook in my lap.

"Whether you're ready or not, it's not right to keep this from you any longer." He was dead serious. More serious than I'd ever witnessed.

Tears welled up instantly in my eyes. I grabbed hold of the cloth of my skirt and grasped it tight, gritting my teeth as I became overwhelmed with fear and sorrow. Before long my cheeks were wet; tears dropping into my lap one after another.

"Dear Alice, please don't cry..."

Seth placed a comforting hand ontop of mine. I looked up, searching his eyes for relief, or some kind of light at the end of this never ending tunnel of darkness.

I didn't find that relief. But instead, I found a small, wilful glimmer of faith.

"There's still a little hope, darling.."

It wasn't much, but it was something. And that something was enough to calm me, if just for a moment. I looked down at my lap again and steeled my nerves.

All of a sudden the dining room door opened, and Ray sauntered in. His eyes were beyond exhausted, but even so, his expression was rock solid. He was here for an important reason.

"Seth, I'll take it from here."

------------

Despite Seth's protests, Ray insisted that he personally explain the situation to me, as well as escort me to Luka's room. The Black King understood that Seth, Fenrir, and Sirius all wanted to be there to support me, but refused it respectfully anyway. He was sure I'd be overwhelmed. Myself, I had no idea what to expect. So I took his advice, and accepted my escort. Ray had agreed to tell me the situation as we walked to Luka's room.