15: You're Mine and Only Mine

(Kelly P.O.V)

I couldn't believe how many Magic Disciples lined the courthouse. There were so many, it was as if they all stood as security, waiting for a brawl to break loose. Not a single Red Army soldier was present, which concerned me even more. There were many townsfolk, the upper echelons of the Red keep, but no lawmakers at all.

I swallowed and followed Ray and Sirius to our seats. I wondered if Jonah and the other Red lieutenants were okay...

One ray of hope though, was Oliver and Blanc, sitting up at the front. Blanc would be the neutral judge, and Oliver was his assistant. As per usual, the Mad Hatter was the one who would use Magic to set up any evidence, meaning that surely the evidence in the projection of the tattoo on the murderer would clear Luka's name. After Luka had been taken, we absolved on that plan. Only legitimate evidence could clear his name now.

But seeing this many disciples gave me a bad feeling.

Once we'd taken our seats, continued chatter between all who stayed within the courthouse drummed up. I sat with Sirius on my left side and Fenrir on my right. I could hear lots of whispers curious about the Black Army's appearance for this trial.

"I'm nervous.." I frowned, clutching the fabric of my dress in my lap nervously as I tried to ignore the whispers. Sirius turned to smile lightly at me.

"Don't worry, little lady." He placed a comforting hand on my head. Fenrir turned to me as well.

"It's alright, it'll be just as we planned. When Blanc reads the charges, just object, exactly as you practiced."

That was the other part of the plan. We all figured that Amon wouldn't readily showcase the projection. So when Blanc read the charges, I would object on behalf of the Black Army. Since I was a neutral third party staying with Blanc, Ray thought it was only right that I be the one to intervene, as my motives weren't directly effected by the war.

"Just have confidence! This'll be over much sooner than you think. 🖤"

Seth chimed in from beside Fenrir with a bright smile. I looked over all their confident faces; even Ray, despite how exhausted he was, was smiling optimistically.

They were right. There was no way this trial could go wrong. We had legitimate proof, and spoke the truth. If all was fair in justice, Luka would be walking out with us today.

My anxiety started to wane and I sat up with more confidence. This would be fine. Everything would be fine.

A sudden slam of the front doors then hushed the entire courthouse. I turned my head over my shoulder...

My breath instantly caught in my throat.

It was Amon. He had his hood down, and bore long silver hair and a cruel smirk. On his one bicep he wore a red cuff with the Red Kingdom symbol on it. I grit my teeth in disgust.

"No.."

A sudden soft gasp from behind me made me blink out of my thoughts. Seth had grabbed onto Fenrir infront of him. I turned from them to look up.

It was Jonah..

He was nursing a busted lip and a black eye. Clearly he was using his luxurious bangs to try and hide it, but if was still very evident.

I swallowed and grabbed onto Sirius's cuff infront of me. He didn't move. I could see as well that Ray, who was infront of all of us, was tense and angry.

The Queen of Hearts glanced over at us as he followed Amon down the middle aisle towards the front seats of the courthouse. There was no expression on his face, but he did hold Ray's stare.