12: Frenzy

(Luka's P.O.V)

I wasn't thinking. All I knew was that the King of Hearts, my brother's most trusted friend, was being poisoned in his sleep. His crazed attack on me earlier made so much sense now.

I threw myself at Amon just as he turned around, knocking him in the face and making him stumble. He dropped one of the vials in his hands and it clattered to the floor, spilling poison all over the plush carpet.

"You fool!" Amon snarled at me and shoved me. I tripped backwards but held my ground, before throwing myself at the Magic King once again. I grabbed him by his collar and made to deck him once more, but our frenzy was stopped by a sudden heavy gasp.

We both turned to gaze at Lancelot. He was sitting up; gasping breathlessly and holding his chest. I watched in horror as the Red King began to shake.

"Lancelot.." I swallowed. His eyes fell to rest on mine, and he suddenly seemed to understand the brunt of the situation. He was wheezing harshly.

"Rest peacefully, King." Amon chuckled in the face of Lancelots pain, then shoved me again and punched me hard in the face as I stumbled. I went down beside the bed and tried to grab for the sheets to avoid falling..

But Lancelot grabbed my sleeve instead.

I hit the floor and winced.

When I opened my eyes, I was in the snow covered forest.

----------------

I looked around in a panic. I laid eyes on his figure, still clutching his chest only a mere few feet to my left. I jumped up and ran to him, falling to my knees at his side in the snow.

"Lancelot!-"

"It's...alri-ght.."

His breath was ragged, but his body was no longer shaking. A red glow was slowly fading from his fingertips. That was it. He'd teleported us from his room with Magic.
Though I didn't know Lancelot well, from what Jonah had told me, he had strong Magic powers. But whenever he used them, it was always at a grave cost. I swallowed, looking over his weak body as I tried to figure out what to do next. But it seemed the King of Hearts already knew.

"We need to move..b-before he follows us..."

Without another thought, I threw his arm around my shoulders and stood him up. It was easier than I expected. He'd lost some weight.
Holding him steady, I took off my coat and put it over him.

"Blanc Lapin's place is the closest."

Upon glancing at him, I noticed he was beginning to sweat. His cheeks were flush red. If he was getting a fever, he'd surely get pneumonia in the cold. I had to get him to shelter, fast.

"Very well."

We set off through the tree's, just as clouds started to form in the distance.

----------------

(Kelly P.O.V)

"Faster!" I called to my horse as I bucked its sides, willing it to gallop even quicker through the tree's. The sky had darkened, and hail was pelting the ground in sheets. I threw my hood up over my head to try and keep the ice from hitting my face, but it was no use; the wind blew off my only protection. Tiny chunks of ice blurred my focus on where I was going, and the hail was sticking to my hair.

I looked to my left and right, then forward. I was almost there. Just through this clearing. My hands and cheeks were beginning to numb. I was freezing. But I didn't care. Not when Luka was out there, hurt.

"Yah!" I snapped at the reins and my stallion dashed through the last of the tree's and vaulted over some bushes. We jumped out, right onto the path. I pulled back the reins as we came to a stop infront of Blanc and Oliver's house. I sighed heavily in relief.