13: Intent

(Thank you everyone for your patience with this chapter! I've been researching and reading other stories and reviewing other ways to write so I can get more ideas for future stories. I just wanted to keep mixing it up so everyone enjoys what I write!

Cheers, enjoy!)

(Luka's P.O.V)

I nodded to Kelly as she headed to the kitchen, and I, to Lancelot's room. Harr was waiting there for me, and based on my knowledge that Harr and the Red King were once inseperable friends, I had a feeling this conversation wouldn't be simple.

I stepped in and closed the door quietly behind me. I gazed the Joker at Lancelot's bedside, holding onto his hand and seemingly healing him with Magic. His fingers were glowing a soft red, as were Lancelot's.

I could feel his instant animosity towards me.

"Why did you, of all people, walk a half dead Lancelot through the forest to this place?"

Harr didn't miss a beat. His tone was conflicted and frustrated, just like I had expected. He didn't meet my eyes, even as I spoke.

"Before you accuse me, I'm not the one that killed his father." I made sure my response was just as direct.

The soft glow surrounding his fingers dissipated, and the Joker placed Lancelot's hand back at his side. I saw his jaw stiffen.

"Why should I believe you?"

This really wasn't going to be easy.

With a soft sigh, I came around and stood on the opposite side of the bed, suddenly grabbing Lancelot's other wrist. To my surprise, Harr reacted and grabbed my forearm.

"What the hell do you think you're doing, Clemence!?" He hissed angrily. I narrowed my eyes and slowly, in a calculated move, turned Lancelot's arm over to reveal the inside of his forearm. His skin was pale in comparison to the dark blue and black bruise; a pock mark from the syringe randomly scarring his porcelain skin.

"Showing you proof. Amon did this."

A tense silence passed between us. Then all of a sudden, he let me go.

A heavy scoff sounded from his mouth before he turned away and began pacing just feet from Lancelot's bed.

"He's really sick, you know.."

I came around the bed again so I was closer now.

"Lancelot arrested me on treason charges. He even attacked me. But I wouldn't let Amon kill him. I was just moments too late to stop him from poisoning him..."

All of sudden, something I'd said seemed to trigger Harr. He stopped pacing and turned around to face me, new anger filling his face.

Before I knew it, I was shoved hard against the wall; pinned from the bright glowing hand that now rested at my side - the exact spot where I'd been injured in the war. Somehow he knew.

The pain was so excruciating, I couldn't speak. I began gasping and coughing as Harr sent waves of scorching torment through me. It was as if he had ripped open my stitches and lit every single cell in my side on fire.

I began to feel sick. My vision started to seperate into doubles.

"Treason, huh? So that was you in the projection...disposing of Lancelot Sr.'s body.." His voice was a deep, cruel monotone as he continued the pressure on my injured side. My heart was racing, my breathing barely single gasps.

"You really are a bad liar. Showing me Lancelot's arm doesn't prove it wasn't actually you who poisoned him..."

"N-noo..." I could hardly muster words. My vision was by now clouded around the edges. My legs began to crumple underneath me.