8: The Last Time I'll See You

(Good evening everyone! I want to thank you for all your patience on this chapter. I have so many ideas for this story, it's been tough to wade through them all. But I finally came to a decision and so this chapter was born! I made it extra long also : )
I hope you enjoy! Please feel free to leave comments if you like it! )

(Kelly P.O.V)

Even after Loki returned with food, I had spent the remainder of the evening by the fire. Luka continued to sit quietly in his corner throughout the night, well past midnight. He was surprisingly still awake when I decided to finally sleep. The problem was, I barely got any rest.

His last words to me before he sauntered off into the corner, about needing me to be okay for his sake, had stuck with me. Everytime the memory ran through my head, all I could do was blush as butterflies welled up in my stomach. My heart ached. Why did his last sentence bother me so much?

It must've been atleast 2am when I finally fell asleep. But only an hour later, I gently awoke again.

"Hah! Haaaa..." My gaze fell to rest on the Jack of Spades. He was standing near the entrance to the cave, swinging his sword around. His voice echoed quietly as he grunted with his lunges.

I didn't move from laying on my side. Instead I just watched his graceful form as he swung his large two handed sword, then stepped back into a defensive posture, before switching stances and swinging again. I could see his white collared shirt was dotted with sweat spots. - he clearly had been training for some time. His face was flushed with exertion, and he seemed to have recovered from his consistent shivering that plagued him earlier. I felt my heart give a happy sigh of relief. I was worried about him..

I glanced in the other direction, and Loki was resting calmly sitting up, his back against the deepest part of the cave. Noting that he was snoring, I knew if I got up now, I wouldn't wake him. I sat up slowly and yawned.

Luka swung a fast and hard slash about waist level, then noticed me as I sat up. He lowered his weapon as he panted breathlessly.

"Oh, you're up."

I stretched my arms out sleepily, then smiled to him.

"Cave floors aren't that comfy." I shrugged before standing up, dusting my skirts free of dust.

"What are you up to so late at night?"

Shifting his sword to one hand, he used his other forearm to wipe sweat from his forehead.

"Training." Luka shrugged, before continuing without another word. I watched as he took a deep, long breath, then closed his eyes and swung downwards, thrusting with all his might. Then he dropped his body to kneel, before swinging up and left, as if attempting to dodge someone. I recognized some of his moves, as if he had at one point practiced Tai Chi.

On a side note, watching his toned body sweat it out in a thin white shirt was breathtaking. I couldn't help but flush as I stared. After a few minutes, I caught myself beginning to drool, and quickly composed myself.

Luka hopped in the air and swung the sword around himself, attacking his imaginary enemies with fluid precision  When he touched back down, he looked over to me.

"Are you going to stand there and just watch me?" He was still panting hard, and his hair was ruffled up near his face.

"Oh! Well uh.." Think Kelly think. What now?

My unconscious seemed to act for me, because before I knew it I was walking over.

"I want to learn! Can you teach me?" I knew Luka was going to say no, so before he had the chance to, I grabbed his hands that held the hilt of his sword and lifted them above my head, before swinging myself underneath so my back was against his chest. I put my hands on the hilt as I lowered his arms around me. My blush instantly stained my entire face and neck.