19: A Handful of Broken Pieces

(Hey everyone! Please be warned that this chapter deals with some anxiety and mental health issues, such as panic, trauma and fear. Be careful reading or steer clear of this chapter if this may upset or trigger you! I haven't put these issues in great detail, but there is some included!

As well, there may be spoilers of Ray's route in this chapter, so please read at your own discretion!

Finally, thank you all again for reading! This story is winding down well, and man I've put poor Luka through the ringer during this fanfic... 

But its not over yet folks! >: 3 )

"Get her up."

"But.."

"This is no time for hesitation. Get her up, now."

A mysterious warmth engulfed my shoulder. I was sleeping softly, and had been for what felt like ages. I didn't want to be woken. I was comfortable and relaxed.

"Please wake up..."

A light shaking disturbed my rest. My consciousness started to rouse, but I didn't want it to. I tried to will myself back into the happiness of sleep

"Come on Kelly, wake up."

The shaking became stronger. My mind jolted awake and I slowly opened my eyes.

The first thing that came into focus was a pale face of a man with a silver plated eyepatch on. He seemed to react to my awakening by turning his eyes away from me. His cheeks were glowing bright red.

"Can you sit up?"

I blinked a few times, then felt a cold winter breeze pass by me.

"Harr!"

An angry yelp came from a man infront of us. I slowly sat up and looked around. I was outside still, with my sleeping and injured friends all around me. But instead of us all laying in snow, we were laying on the dusty ground. As I glanced to my left and right, I could see a circle shape cut out of the ground around us, not grass nor snow within the entire vicinity that stretched for miles.

It was as if a bomb had gone off that radiated heat, incinerating everything within its dome-like radius. We all sat within its epicenter. I could only see snow in the far distance. Everything near us was as void as a desert.

Finally my memories returned. Amon had been attacking and torturing us. I gasped and turned to Harr as he held his hand against my back, flushing brightly.

"Where's Luka!? What about Loki? And Jonah and Ra--"

A soft sigh escaped the Joker's lips. He leant to the side so I could see behind him.

The Red and White uniform of Lancelot was clearly visible a few feet infront of me. His one hand was glowing bright red, while his other arm remained loosely at his side.

Infront of Lancelot, was Ray, awake and standing. A bright blue glow had engulfed his entire body. Amon and the disciples stood opposite Ray, with only Amon still on his feet. He was covered in blood with gashes everywhere all over his body, and was kneeling on one knee, holding out a glowing hand to seemly steady himself from another attack.

I gasped.

"What's... going on..?"

"We don't have time for that now. We need your help."

BOOM!!!!!

An unimaginably powerful shockwave emitted from Ray, disintegrating a few inches of ground underneath him so his feet fell into small holes in the dirt. The force was so powerful, both Harr and I were knocked back, the Joker falling ontop of me.