6: Call to Arms

(Kelly P.O.V)

Over the next week or so, I finally got settled into Blanc and Oliver's place. I'd managed to set up my room with a few small items I had purchased from town, and I was getting into a routine of helping out the White Rabbit with chores, including laundry and dishes. I missed my friends at Black Castle, but kept busy tending to what I could.

Today however, was a bit different then my normal day. I'd be going back to the Central Quarter to run some errands, but Luka wouldn't be able to attend this time. He had been called to a monthly meeting with Ray and the Black Army, so would be out until tonight.
In his stead, Blanc and I had planned to spend the day together.

"Oh I'm so excited!" The White Rabbit chimed as we neared the gates of Central. He had been talking about his excitement off and on since we left. In between our conversations on sweets, tea and living a life in the neutral zone of Cradle, he would often pipe up with: "afternoon dates with a beautiful woman are so exquisite!" And "it's way more fun to run errands with a beauty than by yourself!"

All I could do was smile softly. His quick quips were flattering, but also a bit much. I guess I couldn't fault him though. Blanc seemed to only really have Oliver for company.
I beamed at him as he seemed to excuberate joy. I guessed he ran errands alone often.

"I'm glad I can keep you company, Blanc. Now where did you want to go first?"

"Oh! The first stop most definitely should be Tea-Time. It's a timeless tea shop with tea leaves so rare, sometimes they only ever stock them once!"

I felt my eyes light up in surprise. "R-really!?"

His bright gold eyes studied me as he pushed his glasses up on his nose.

"The Lavender Maiden White Tea was a blend I purchased two years ago there. It was made in such a small batch, I've only ever found it the once." We crossed through the gates, and his eyes seemed to sparkle as he spoke more and more about tea. 

Oddly enough, something stopped me for a minute and I looked around, forgetting Blanc's words as he walked ahead of me. Central was quiet and calm but there was something off. I gazed around at the shops, all quietly sitting with barely any traffic coming in or out of them. It was a distinct smell of something wafting through the air. But I couldn't quite put my finger on what it was...

"It was like...floating on a still river amongst a vast garden of lavend--hey Kelly!!"

I turned back to him as he stood a few feet infront of me. Clearly the White Rabbit hadn't noticed the smell.

"Oh, s-sorry!" I broke into a run and caught up with him, just as he seemed to notice something in the distance.

"There it is!!"

It was an old, wood panelled front of a store. In an abrupt panic, Blanc bolted towards it in an excited flurry. I watched as he made a break for it, in that sort of bunny-like run of his. All I could do was stare, embarassment all over my face.

Oh Blanc...

----------------

We stepped into the Tea-Time shop, and I was suddenly met with shelves upon shelves of different tea's. I couldn't believe we were the only two shopping in here. This place was literally filled to the brim with expensive and foreign tea leaves!

"Wooww..." I swallowed. 

Blanc was already in the green tea section, reviewing the various blends and checking their flavours. I glanced over at the shopkeeper; an older woman with bright gold wire glasses. She nodded to me.