Chapter 40; Choices

*Dabi POV*

Toga had started to pull at the sliding wall to open it. It took a few seconds, but it slowly started to open. I heard gasps as it completely opened up, but I didn't care. I got into the dark room and saw Shigaraki on the floor with Keigo standing above him. He seemed fine, other than looking a little shaken up, like he had been told something he couldn't believe.

Toga imediently went to Shiga's side, but I don't know if it was because he was hurt or because he was bleeding. Like, a lot. I looked back to Hawks to see him staring at me wide eyed with a small smile. He stood there a second, taking in what had just happened.

He started slowly walking over to me before leaning his head on my chest and wrapping his arms tightly around me. Other than that, he didn't move. I hugged him back just as tightly in response.

"Are you okay? Did he hurt you?" I whispered to him quietly. He sighed. He seemed completely fine. Everything he had done since I came into the room was the exact things he would do if he had a bad day at work.

"I'm fine. Don't worry about it." He said, looking up at me with a small smile. I knew Shigaraki, he would've killed him right then and there. I looked over at him, still sitting on the floor with Toga beside him.

"It looks like we saved them from eachother!" Toga laughed, looking back at me. "This thing isn't horrible but man, it could've been."

Shigaraki didn't say anything, just stared down at the floor. He was shaking slightly, but Toga would take care of it. It probably wasn't safe for him to be around me right now anyway.

Keigo pulled away from me after a minute or so. He still looked fine. I didn't get it, how was he able to stay this chill despite this?

He walked away from me a few steps and held out his hand to Shigaraki. I could only stand there as Shigaraki lifted his hand in turn.

He's going to kill him!

I could hear the words echo through my head, and yet I didn't move. At least, not until he grabbed onto him arm with one finger lifted.

I took a step towards the two before I felt someone hold my shoulder. I turned around to see Aruna who was shaking her head sharply. Shrugging her off, I turned back around seeing Keigo and Shigaraki both off the ground. I wanted to pull him away, but if I did Shiga could kill him.

And yet, he didn't.

***

The silence that followed afterwards was awkward, as well as the walk back to the bar. I personally didn't like at all that Shigaraki was coming back with us, but it was his league and Kurogiri would kill us if his "favorite" was killed.

"Hey, Touya, do you want to move our time from Thursday to today?" Keigo asked, whispering to me. Me and him were a bit behind our little game of follow the leader, who in this case was Toga. It felt weird having someone call me Touya with them just feet from us, but it felt right when it was Keigo.

"Oh, I don't want to leave your side again." I said to him, wrapping one arm around both his shoulders. He didn't speak after, and I was starting to worry again. Sure I had been worried the entire time, but he usually wasn't this quiet.

"Are you okay? Like, really okay?"

"Huh? Yeah I'm fine. I'm just thinking."

"About?"

"Things."

"Sounds interesting." I said, deciding to stop prying. If he wanted to tell me, he would tell me. I didn't want there to be another fight. So I stayed silent the rest of the way back.