Chapter 13; Just One

*Hawks POV*

I woke up from probably the third time that night with a small headache. It wasn't anything unbearable, but it felt as if something was trying to get out of my head. It also felt like that something had razor sharp legs and felt like tap-dancing while also trying to cut out of my head. So yeah, I'm fine.

It was the first time I had woken up and actually was able to figure out my surroundings. I was facedown on my bed with a blanket carelessly thrown on top of me. I don't exactly remember coming here, but I did remember everything else. Realizing what I had done the night before, I felt my face get a little warm. I needed to apologise to Dabi or do something.

Slowly, I sat up causing my head to yell at me. Those tap-dancing things were digging their feet into my head, and I just wanted to go back to sleep.

Standing up just made it worse. I didn't even drink that much, what the hell? I was able to get to the door, opening it slowly. I smelled something, but I couldn't place my finger on it.

Getting to the living room, I saw the couch empty. Honestly, I was slightly disspointed that Dabi wasn't there. In the kitchen, I saw a mug, a plate with a single piece of toast, and a note.

'Yo. So, thanks for letting me sleep at yours last night. It was warmer than the storage. Don't worry yourself about last night. See ya later Birdie, whether there or because of, other reasons, well, that's for me to know and for you to find out.

-Dabi
(Or Touya if you really
want to call me that
instead.)

I felt a smile pull on my lips reading the note. Sure, he might have said that the next time I see him would be him commiting some sort of crime, but it was still a sweet note. I guess?

I felt my wings gently drag on the floor while walking to the living room with the plate and mug of what I now knew was coffee. I didn't have the mental capability to really care, whenever I thought too hard about something my head felt like it was going to explode. I didn't want to think, I didn't want to go to work, I didn't want to be alive right this second.

I want a hug. Yeah, that's it, I just want a hug.

I sat down on the ground in front of the couch and let my wings semi-surround myself and my toast with the mug sitting just outside my little circle. I was nibbling on the toast with my eyes closed trying to keep my headache to a minimal. And it worked, mostly.

Suddenly I realized something. I don't have a toaster, yet now I was eating toast. I didn't really mind, just kept eating it. Dabi must have used his quirk or something.

Soon, I had finished my toast and coffee before the realization hit me. Dabi could have easily poisoned me. The coffee or the toast could have been spiked. However, as soon as that thought entered my brain, it was gone. I picked up my phone while still in my cocoon of feathers. Looking at the time, I remembered that there was a meeting I had to go to.

I felt a wave of emotions flood me. I had to go to work, which resulted it a small spark of happiness, but that was drowned out by my immediate fear. See, the meeting was starting at eight-thirty in the morning, and it was currently eight-twenty.

Sure, I may be Hawks, 'The man too fast for his own good,' but that doesn't mean I can get showered, dressed, fix my eyeliner, or get my shit together in ten minutes. However, that didn't mean I wasn't going to try.

Jumping into the shower, I felt my head ache, longing to just lay down and sleep. I had to tell myself exactly what to do or else I just wouldn't do it. I mostly just scrubbed myself down so I wouldn't stink and was done.

Getting out of the shower, I got into my hero costume and combed through my hair with my fingers. I didn't have time to go through my wings so I might not be at my peak performance, but I should be fine.

Looking at the time, I determined that if I just leave now, I should be at the Hero's Commission at eight thirty-five at the earliest. Opening the balcony door and shutting it took longer than expected, but I got in the air all the same.

Just as expected, I got there just a few minutes late to the meeting. That wasn't the best part, I wasn't the only one that was late. Sure, Endeavor and Miruko were there, but so many weren't there. I wasn't even given a second glance, I just sat down between Endeavor and Rumi without a word.

Apparently, I wasn't late. The meeting had been pushed back half an hour and I was the only one who didn't know. Great.

"Hey, Kei, you alright?" Rumi asked beside me. The room was too loud. Every word someone said would send a wave of pain through my head, but I guess Rumi saw through it. Although, that could be because I wasn't exactly trying to hide the fact that I didn't want to be there. My wings were sagged a little bit more than normal, my hair wasn't actually combed through, and I don't think my face looked that well either.

"Yeah, just peachy." I said, glancing back over to her with a sarcastic smile. She gave me a worried stare. "Alright, you remember those beers you gave me for my birthday a few weeks ago?" Rumi nodded. "Well, I drank one last night and now I feel like shit." I swear I saw one of her ears twitch and she looked amused.

"Wow, I never expected one beer to do that to a guy." She was obviously hiding laughter.

"Haha, yeah, let's pick on the lightweight." I joked, rolling my eyes slightly. She lost it. At least three heads turned to us before they continued their own conversations.

I turned to look at Endeavor. After yesterday's wake-up call, I have been trying to not think too much about him. Is what Dabi said was true, wait no, he was his son. Of course what he said should be taken with a grain of salt but it would honestly make sense. I had seen Shoto around and he always seemed, stiff, when he was around his father. Fuyumi didn't like talking about Endeavor as a father much.

"What are you looking at Hawks?" Endeavor looked me in the eye. The first few times it had happened, I felt some sort of mix between excitement and fear. Now, that feeling kinda dulled down after a while.

"Oh, nothing sorry. I was just thinking." I said, the wall in front of me suddenly becoming extremely intresting.

The clock on the wall was going too slow. I just wanted to get started with the day, was that too much to ask?

***

Yo, so there will probably (don't quote me on that) be a new chapter out tomorrow or Thursday.

However, the chapter after will probably take a bit longer.

It might be a bit longer than my average of 1,235.83 words, (yes, I did the math) but will take a bit more planning.

I want to do something a bit, bigger, in that chapter, ya know,

Raise the stakes a bit

Anyway, I love y'all's supporting comments.

They really mean the world to me.

I would also like to recommend some authors I really like.

I might make a reading list of stuff I find interesting for the public eye, I'm not sure yet.

Please check out Nova1523 I really like their stuff. I find it rather interesting.

Also, Fluff_nugget2 has a story I really enjoy called Secret, y'all should check it out.

Then I have been reading BNHA Villain Chatfic by noidealmao that should be read.

I find it extremely entertaining.

Love y'all

🌈❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🏳️‍🌈