Chapter 1; Soulmates

Cover by Camp_Trash thank you so much for taking time out of your day to draw this, it's beautiful.

Not many people hated soulmates, at least, not the ones who had one. Some found theirs early in life while others didn't.

For example, there is this school, you've probably already know of it. A boy named Katsuki Bakugou was fortunate enough to have his soulmate's name on his arm. After the first few days, he had a tiny mark beside it which looked like a volcano.

However, as Hawks as learned, not everyone's soulmates correspond with eachother. A boy that he had went to school with found his soulmate, a beautiful girl really. But when they touched, he was the only one with the mark. His soulmate had a different soulmate.

This was an extremely unlikely scenario, but it still made Hawks nervous about his own Soulmate.

His words were somewhat unique, which was weird. Most people had words like, "Excuse me," and "Hi." But his were more, attuned, to him.

"Hello Little Birdie" was printed on his wrist like a tattoo, except he could never cover it. If he was to try and tattoo over it, (not that he wanted to,) then the words would come back in a day or two.

He had friends who didn't like soulmates, then others that would want to do anything to find them. Hawks, well, he was in the middle. He wanted to find his soulmate, but he wasn't going to jump at every opportunity purposefully bumping into random people hoping they would say the words on his wrist.

However, just because Hawks didn't hate soulmates and was one day hoping to find his own doesn't mean everyone was so okay with the idea.

Across the way there was this man who went by the name of Dabi. Soulmates were specifically a sensitive topic to Dabi, a man who's entire existence was because the thought of soulmates was thrown out by his father. The words that lay on his collar bone always haunted him. "It's You."

He tried everything to make the words disapear. There was a fire tattoo that had been burned, cut at, and covered up more times then he could count. Now, he couldn't see any of the tattoo that he had gotten to cover his words. The area wouldn't scar like the rest of his body when he burned it, and the words just kept resurfacing no matter what.

However, he still tried to get them out of sight. It never worked. Only one league member knew about his attempts to rid himself of his soulmate's words. Every morning if Dabi was at the main base, a blonde girl named Himiko Toga would wake up to hear small cries and quiet pleads for help which were obviously not supposed to be heard. Whenever she went, she would see him on the floor holding his neck just burning himself more.

She tried her best to help, but he never listened, always went back to maiming himself more the next day. Every time she would ask why he hated them so bad, and every time he wouldn't answer, just keep sobbing.

What she didn't know was how perfect Dabi felt the words were for someone like him.

"It's You."

A monster.

A disappointment.

"It's You," the man I have been looking for all my life, and yet all I got was a mistake.

A monster.

A disappointment.

A mistake.

Perfect for him.

***

Yo

If anyone is here, it's most likely not from my oneshot book, although I worked hard on that too, so y'all should look at it.

I came up with this plot while writing a DabiHawks oneshot under the same name as this, so if you want to look at it you can but it has spoilers for this fan fiction.

I am also including the Dabi is a Todoroki theory in this story.

To clarify, in this world the words on your body are not the first words you hear your soulmate say, it's the first words they say specifically too you. If you knew your soulmate before you got your words, it will be the first words they say to you after you get your words. So if your soulmate is talking to a friend, none of those words count,but if they then turn to you and say, "Yeah, are you coming too?" then those are your words.

Peace, I really hope you guys like this story.