Chapter 8; Bird Hunt

*Hawks POV*

BAM!

What a way to be woken up, huh? In a moment of shock, I sat up and shot a burst of random feathers everywhere. Instead of attacking an intruder, I just put holes in the walls. The sound that I had heard was just coming from my TV that was still on.

With a huff, I stood up and turned off the TV. Returning my feathers to my wings, I then laid down on my stomach and picked up my phone from it's place on the floor. I checked the time and groaned when it read 3:04, meaning I still had a good hour until I had until I had to wake up.

However, despite this, I couldn't fall back asleep. Every few minutes, I would turn over in my covers and screwed my eyes shut. I had finally given up sleep at about 3:20 and decided to be productive again.

I had showered just hours previously, so I didn't take another, just fixed my hair and did a quick run through of my wings. I didn't bother with eyeliner, just went back into my room and got dressed.

Bring~
Bring~
Bring~

Man, was I glad I was already awake. Picking up my phone, I looked at the caller ID and answered.

"Ye-llo?"

"Hawks, sorry to wake you, but the police need you stationed at a passage behind the bank near UA tonight. A man reported a suspicious man walking around last night." That was the place Dabi was last night. With that realization, I almost missed the part about a meeting going on later in the week.

"Yeah, alright. I'll head down there later. I'm guessing it'll be all night again?"

"Actually no, they just need you there until nine. I'll be down there by nine-thirty or so to take over."

"Right, sounds awesome. Yeah I'll be there tonight, nothing will get past me." And with that, I hung up. Endeavor will probably chew me out for hanging up on Miruko, but she doesn't really care.

It seemed like it would be a good day.

***

*Dabi POV*

Today was an absolutely horrible day.

First thing when I woke up, I heard Toga talking to Twice. Which would be okay, if they weren't yelling what the other had said so the entire base could hear it.

After getting out of bed I had found that crusty had disintegrated the bathroom doorknob again. He then yelled at me for not being at the base the other night. Why was that a big deal? Because Toga then proceeded to brake into the UA dorms. I didn't know she was my responsibility.

After a little bit of yelling, he puffed out his chest and walked out of the room saying something about going to do something in his room. That was when I realized that my boss was really a child. After a few minutes he came back and invited me to play Mario Kart.

Why not? So I went and got my ass handed to me while playing Mario Kart with my boss. Honestly, it did help with my mood a lot.

Yet now I was sitting on one of the bar stools drinking something. I honestly had no clue what it was, but Kurogiri said it would help. For all I know he wants to poison me, but at this point, that would still help with my mood.

My brain felt a little fuzzy after a while and I stood up. I pulled my jacket onto my shoulders and went to the door.

"Where are you heading to?" Kurogiri asked while cleaning a glass. His voice was still smooth yet accusing all at the same time.