Chapter 25; Short Notes With Heavy Meaning

*Hawks POV*

Dear Hawks,

I know who you are, everyone does.
But do you know who you are?
You are a hero, right?
The number 2 in fact.

Yet, I have learned of your soulmate.
I know things about your soulmate.
Some things I think you would find, interesting, to say the least.

If you want to know these things, be my guest.

I have no doubt that if we were to meet in person, you wouldn't think twice about what you were going to do.

Luckily, I have a phone.
Just text me
xxx-xxx-xxxx
Also, Hawks, there is no need for formalities.
Just call me Tenko.

You never know, maybe you won't regret talking to me.

-Tenko

I reread the letter a few times over. Touya was in the bathroom taking a shower and I had went out to get something for breakfast. However, when I got my stuff and headed back, a note had been taped to my door. I kept reading it over while I was waiting, thinking. Did I want to text the number?

The note really unsettled me. First off, the person who had sent the note knew where I lived and I knew they weren't a neighbor. I barley talked to them, but I knew everyone's name and face. I didn't know a single Tenko.

Second, Tenko knew who my soulmate was. The only people who knew other than me and Dabi was Toga. I guess she could've sent the note, but then why didn't she want to talk face to face?

I decided I would ask Dabi once he was out of the shower. If he knew a Tenko, maybe it would make sense? And so, I waited for him, playing on my phone while sitting on my bed.

Soon, I heard the water turn off and a few moments later the door opened. Touya was peaking out from behind the door.

"Hey, can I borrow some clothes?"

"I mean, if you don't mind holes in the back." I said, standing up and heading to my closet. I grabbed out a sweatshirt that was a little baggy on me. I had a lot of them, they're comfortable. When I went to hand them to him, he grabbed my wrist, pulling me closer, and kissed me, allowing warmth to spread throughout my body.

"Thanks." Was all he responded with, closing the door again. Looking back over at the note, I spoke to him through the door.

"Hey Touya, do you know a Tenko?" I asked, leaning back against the door. There was a small silence before I got an answer.

"I don't think so, why?"

"Oh, it's probably nothing. I got a note on the door and it was signed, Tenko." I sighed, shrugging. Suddenly, the door opened and I started falling backwards into the bathroom. However, Dabi caught me and pushed me back upright.

"Was it addressed to you? Maybe it's just a fan." He said, as if he didn't just save me from a concussion. I shrugged once again.

"I don't think so. I know everyone in the building. I don't know a Tenko at all." Then I started back to the bed and picked up the note. "Plus, they said it's about you, about my soulmate." Touya grabbed the note and read it over. As he read, he seemed to shut down. It was like he was putting his mask back on. Emotionless.

But then suddenly, he snapped his head up to look at me with a small smirk.

"It's probably some sort of prank. They didn't specify who I was. Maybe they just want your attention." He then handed me back the note.

Maybe.

Dabi left about an hour later to head back to the base. I had a few days off because of "Traumatic Experiences," so I laid down on the bed and turned something on to watch.

Halfway through some sort of movie, I glanced over at the note that I had set on the bedside table. It wouldn't hurt to contact them, right?

xxx-xxx-xxxx

Contact name changed to Tenko

hey tenko. i saw your note
do you really know who my soulmate is?

You actually answered.
I do, do you not believe what I told you?

no, not really

And why is that?

we have been very careful of not letting people know who they are

Ah, see, but I know who they are.
See, I am rather, close, with that soulmate of yours.

he said he doesn't know a tenko

Well, I know him.
You see, you and me have something in common.

and that would be?

None of your concern.

why would you tell me that we have something in common if you had no intention of telling me?

Because I want you to be left wondering.

how do I know that you are telling the truth?

Your soulmate is Dabi, and I'm not going to ask you to verify it. I already knew.

***

*Dabi POV*

As soon as I got back to the bar I headed straight towards my room. I kinda expected Toga would be there, but I wasn't completely ready for her to be there.

"So, how'd it go?" She asked, swinging her legs while sitting on my bed. I sat down beside her allowing her to put her chin on my shoulder.

"Alright. I slept with him yesterday." As soon as I realized what I had said I felt my face get red.

"Did you now? Did ya enjoy it? Who topped?" I pushed her away and stood back up facing her.

"No, not in that way." I said. I could feel that my face was red, and my scars didn't cover it all. "And even if we did, it's none of your business."

"But you want to 'In that way,' don't you?" She said, her grin getting wider. I went to the door and opened it, staring back at her.

"Out."

"Just answer the question."

"Of course I do. Out. Go bother Twice or something." Toga stood up with her smile wider than ever before skipping out of the room. As soon as she left, I closed the door with a sigh before sitting down on my own bed.

At least she didn't say anything about the sweatshirt.

***
Twinkle Twinkle little star,

How I wonder what you are,

🌈❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🏳️‍🌈