Chapter 22; Single Red Feather

*Dabi POV*

"What are you doing?" Hawks said, his face bright red. He was subconsciously ruffling his feathers, which looked really cute. "My friend is getting here in a few minutes." I felt  him slightly pull against my grip.

"And I'll stop messing with you before she comes in." I teased, letting out a laugh. I saw him let out a small smile that looked adorable with his still red face.

However, suddenly he jerked his arms out of my grasp and jumped off of me. A single, red feather landed on my chest and I gently scooped it up with one hand. His friend was probably there. Quickly, he zoomed over to the door and held it closed.

"Just a minute!" He said, waving at the bathroom. Picking up the sign, I headed that way with the feather still in my hand. I had just barley closed the door when I heard a woman's voice from the other side of the bedroom door.

"Kei, open the door. I have the KFC." Almost imediently after those words I heard the bedroom door being ripped open. Side note, Hawks likes chicken, got it. The fucking cannibal.

I lifted one hand to the door handle and twisted the lock, hearing it slide into place with an almost silent click. I then slowly sat down on the floor. There was no other way out for me, the only door in this bathroom was connected to Hawks's bedroom.

After about ten or so minutes of listening to their conversation, (which mostly consisted of Hawks's friend asking a bunch of questions, and Hawks giving one or two word responses to each,) I drowned the two out and started to look around the bathroom.

It was a pretty normal bathroom. The only thing I could find on the counter was a discarded comb. I didn't go through the drawers feeling like that might be a slight breach of privacy. Of course, that's coming from the guy who broke into his soulmate's house. Ya know, for a gay guy, my priorities are pretty fucking straight. (And thank you KaiChisakii for bringing that to my attention, lol)

I sat back on the floor and held the feather up to my face. It was a nice crimson color, and it looked really soft. Slowly, I brought my hand up to the feather and gently touched the vane. There were extremely soft. It was hard to believe that these feathers could be strong enough to carry things or could ever be sharp enough to cut.

I lifted the feather higher off the ground before letting go of it, watching it slowly float down to the floor. Picking it up, I let it go again and then blew at it causing it to go off course slightly.

A small giggle caught my attention and I imediently recognized it as Hawks.

"What's so funny?"

"Oh, nothing. Sorry." I felt a slight smirk settle on my face. To test my theory, I picked up the feather again and gently ran my thumb over the vane, making sure I didn't damage it at all.  If I was right, this was going to be fun.

***

*Hawks POV*

I had been talking with Rumi, avoiding all questions about where exactly I was. If I had to, I told her that I had been blind folded and had no clue of where I was at all. It took forever, but I had finally gotten the topic off of me specifically and more onto what exactly was going on while I was MIA.

That was, until I felt a small shiver run up my spine. I had already let some sort of reaction through the first time it happened, so I kept my lips shut and tried to figure out what exactly was going on.

"Hey, you alright?" Rumi asked, looking up at me. We were sitting on the floor sharing the tub of chicken between us. I nodded sheepishly before rearranging my feathers to try and stop the feeling.

"Yeah, yeah I'm fine." I said, picking up another piece of chicken and taking a bite out of it. Another brush of something and I finally realized what was going on. Somehow, someway, Dabi had gotten one of my feathers. Wether or not he knew what he was doing or not was beyond me.

"You sure?" She asked again, her eyes narrowing in concern. I nodded again standing up to throw the empty chicken bucket away in the kitchen.

"Alright." Rumi stood up and followed me into the kitchen. "Well, I'm going to call and say that I have found you, but that you want some time to yourself to think over the past week, cool?"

"Yeah, cool." I responded, taking a glass out of the cabinet and filling it with water.

"Okay. I'm glad you're home and safe Kei, just call me if you need anything."

"Will do. I'll see you around, Rumi." With that, she left.

I walked back to my room and made a beeline to the bathroom door. I knocked on it a few times before the lock clicked and the door slowly opened. As soon as the door opened fully, I felt another shiver go down my spine as Dabi held the feather between his thumb and pointer finger, blowing at it slightly.

Without another thought, I made the feather fly away from him and take it's places back into my wings. I glared at him while he walked out of the bathroom with a smirk on his lips.

"Never thought you would be so sensitive, pigeon." He said, flopping back onto my bed backwards. He then fixed himself so he was sitting against the bedframe with his legs spread to take up as much of the bed as he could.

"This isn't your house, you know." I said, watching as he grabbed the remote once again and turned on the TV.

"I know, but then again, I don't really care." He responded, switching his eyes back to the TV. He had turned on some movie and was now watching it. On. My. Bed. I tried to push him over, but he wouldn't budge.

As a sign of protest, I climbed into my bed and sat down between his legs. My back was against his chest and my wings were spread out so he couldn't leave. Just  because he was going to take up my entire bed without sharing didn't mean I wasn't going to be able to sit down while watching a movie.

I heard him let out a small sigh before complete silence. After a few minutes, I felt his arms wrap around my waist. He pulled me closer to him, as if it was possible, and rested his chin on my shoulder.

I had never thought that my soulmate was going to be a villain, but I don't think I really see him that way anymore.

I didn't really care anymore.

***
I don't know what to put here anymore.

I don't really have much to say I guess.

Whatever, love y'all, please stay safe.

🌈❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🏳️‍🌈