Chapter 34; Plans Cancelled and Cancelled Again

*Dabi POV*

I spent the entire day freaking out.

Not out loud of course, but I was freaking out.

I still hadn't been talking to Toga, so I couldn't really talk to her about it. She would be upset about whatever I had done, but she never really held a grudge against anyone. What did I say that got her that upset?

Me and Keigo had decided that we were going to meet up at his apartment later. Later was unspecified, but I was too busy freaking out to actually text him back and ask him.

I hadn't left my room for a while and was kinda just staring off into nothing until my phone buzzed.

Love Birb

hey im sorry
i have to cancel tonight
just got a call saying i have patrol

I could feel my heart drop when I read that text, but I knew I couldn't really say anything. So instead, I just responded 'K'.

We rescheduled for a time tomorrow. I was happy until tomorrow didn't work out either. Neither did the next day, or the next. I hadn't seen him for a week after our fight and no matter how many times we decided on the time, he always had to reschedule.

Today's time of choice was Thursday, ya know, five days from now. I was starting to get suspicious about it, but I could remember Endeavor having a fucked up schedule sometimes too. Sure, maybe not as unknown as Keigo's, but I was going to give him the benefit of the doubt. He was probably just busy.

At least I hope he's just busy.

***

*Shigaraki POV*

Those fucking idiots.

As the only person who had listened to both sides, I can conclude that they are both lovesick idiots who can't figure out how to do something as simple as talk to one another.

On one hand, you had Dabi who has been locked up in his room like some emo teenager in high school. He refuses to leave no matter who talks to him.

Then there's Hawks, who keeps saying he's "busy," when in reality he's also freaking out about "what ifs." But now, instead of texting me about it, he would hang out with me saying he needed to talk to his wingman. Man I regret saying that the first time.

I'm honestly surprised that these two are not dead on the side of the road somewhere.

***

*Hawks POV*

I had until Thursday to figure this shit out. That's a good amount of time for mental preparation, right?

I was going to be talking with Tenko at my apartment later. At this point, it wasn't really about anything really. I just, enjoyed his company.

Speak of the devil. I heard a small knock on the door and I stood up to head to the door. I opened it to see Tenko.

"Hey Wingman, how's your life?" He asked, standing right outside the door with his hands in his pockets. I shrugged, standing slightly out of the way so he could enter. He slowly walked into my apartment and stood awkwardly in the center of the room.

"Are you hungry? I can make something in the kitchen." I offered, closing the door and looking over to him.

"Nah, thanks though. I ate before I came here." He said, still speaking in a low voice. He was staring down at the floor not looking me up in the eyes. He normally didn't look me straight in the eyes anyway, but he didn't even look at me. He didn't seem like himself.

"Hey, are you alright?" I asked him, walking a little closer to him. He nodded, but continued looking at the floor. I reached out a hand and placed it gently on his shoulder. "You sure?" He flinched but nodded once again.

He didn't speak for a few seconds before looking up at me slightly. He looked, sad or hurt. I couldn't figure out which one, maybe both. The intensity of the glare sent a shiver down my spine.

"Actually, I think I would like something to eat. If you don't mind." He whispered in a husky voice. I have him a friendly smile and nodded.

"Sure. Just give me a minute."

***

*Dabi POV*

I heard a knock on the door which was left unanswered. However, it still opened anyway.

"Hey Dabi." I heard Twice say from the doorway. I didn't look over at him, instead continued to focus on the wall in front of me.

"What's wrong? Suck it up buttercup." He didn't move from the door and I didn't move either. I could hear an annoyed sigh and the door creaking slightly. "Toga wanted to talk to you. She wouldn't tell me about what. And I don't care."

"Yeah, and I really don't care." I said, turning over to face him with my facial features pulled into a resting bitch face. "Where is she?"

"Her room." Before I actually knew exactly what I was doing, I was up and walking to the doorframe, ignoring Twice as I continued to Toga's room.

"Hey, what's up crazy?" I asked her, opening the door. She was sitting rather still on her bed, and I was afraid that something had happened to her.

"I need to talk to you now." She started. She sounded serious, so I walked into the room completely and shut the door.

"Did something happen? Is there someone who needs to be burnt to a crisp?" I growled. This was not the normal Toga, whatever she was saying was something obviously troubling her.

"No it's not that." She paused, looking me in the eye. "It's about Shigaraki."

***
:)

🌈❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🏳️‍🌈