Chapter 45

Gauri~

"I Love You, Gauri." Omkaraji's confession rang in my ears as I got down the taxi and ran towards my apartment.

I opened the door and stilled seeing Anika in the living room, who was walking to and from with her palm against her head and phone in one hand. She turned around listening the door creak.

"Thank God, Gauri." Anika said dropping her mobile on sofa and coming towards me, "I was worried about where have you gone at this hour." She said giving a tight hug to me while I stood there motionless.

"Gauri, what happened? Why are looking lost?" Anika shook me.

A lone tear escaped my eyes.

"Gosh, Gauri what happened? Why are you crying?" Anika asked panicked. "You are worrying me now."

"Gauri, did anyone told anything to you? Or any creepy guy tried to assault you? What happened?" Anika asked now looking tensed.

"He loves me, Anika." I cried breaking down.

"What?" Anika said confused but nevertheless she caught me before my knees hit the ground and pulled me towards the sofa.

"Who loves you, Gauri?" She asked after a few minutes.

"My boss, He confessed that he loves me." I cried and told Anika about everything that happened earlier.

"Gosh, Gauri, that guy really has feelings on you oblivious about the fact that you are married." Anika said holding her hand against her forehead.

"It's my mistake that I disclosed my marital status." I cried.

"Gauri, don't blame yourself." Anika said, "You had your own reasons to disclose your marital status but what had happened shouldn't have happened."

"What do I do now, Anika? He loves me and he would be heart broken if he knows I am married." I sobbed.

"Do you love him, Gauri?" Anika asked shocking me.

"No." I said instantly, "How can I Anika, I am a married woman."

"Married or not, you are still a human Gauri and this heart." She said poking on my heart, "it's a wild and crazy things we can never know what or whom it likes. And being a married woman doesn't mean you shouldn't have feelings, ask yourself do you love him or not."

"No, Anika, I can't love him. I can't do that to Vikram."

"Okay then." Anika sighed, "Just go and reveal the truth about your marriage to your boss, it's the only option you have now."

"Yes, I will tell him about my marriage with Vikram."

"Okay, it's 4 am now, get some sleep and tell your boss about your marriage as the first thing in the morning." Anika said wiping my tears and giving me a hug.

My tension began to increase as the elevator began to ascend each floor. It's Sunday morning and when I called Stephen, he told Omkaraji left for office to check on some important file, so I came to office to meet my boss.

The whole night I couldn't sleep, I was afraid of Omkaraji's reaction after knowing that I am married but I have to tell him. The elevator doors opened and I walked towards the familiar doors of Omkaraji's cabin, taking a deep breathe, I pushed open his office doors, only to be shocked watching the scene in front of me.

Ridhimma kissing Omkaraji, who was sitting in his chair. I began to look at both of them frozen in my steps, too shocked to react. The tears began to flow from my eyes and my heart, it felt like someone was squeezing it.

"Gauri!" Omkaraji called breathlessly as he stood up from his chair pushing Ridhimma off him, "It's not what it looks like." He said and Ridhimma smirked in my direction adjusting her dress.

I ran.

I ran towards the elevator doors, my heart hurting, tears freely flowing down my cheeks.

"Gauri, wait." Omkaraji shouted from behind, "Let me explain."

Why? I asked myself.

Why am I feeling hurt and heart broken. Why?

Because somewhere deep inside my heart, there are feelings developed for him, somewhere unknown to my own mind, I fell in love with my boss.

I punched the elevator button for the doors to open and I can here the heavy foot steps of Omkaraji behind me, approaching me with everyone passing second.

I don't know what to say or how to react. A few minutes earlier, I thought I could never love my boss and then suddenly I realised I do love him.

After what felt like an eternity the elevator doors opened and out stepped, Vikram?!

"Gauri." Vikram called softly and I ran into his arms hugging him tight.

I don't know, what Vikram was doing here at this time, in my office. But I  glad I have him as a support to hold me when I am feeling vulnerable.

"Doll, what happened? Why are you crying?" Vikram asked wrapping his arms around me as I sobbed into his chest hugging him.

I can hear the heavy foot steps of Omkaraji coming to an halt and his heavy breathes.

"Who the hell are you?" Omkaraji growled in our direction, his voice sounding like a roar of an angry lion. "Get your filthy hands off her."

"Who do you think you are to order around?" Vikram asked in the same tone tightening his grip around me.

"I am her boss." Omkaraji growled again.

"If you are her boss, then I am her husband, I have every right to hold MY WIFE."