Chapter 42

Omkara~

It was a pleasant Saturday morning and My mom called me yesterday asking me to join them for lunch today along with Gauri. That's why I was standing in front of my parents house along with my assistant.

"Are you sure, Lillies are your Mom's favourite flowers?" Gauri asked for the nth time holding the bouquet of Lillies in her hand while walking beside me.

"I already told you, it's her favourite." I said knocking the door, "There was no need for you to buy them."

"I have to bring something." My assistant said stubborn.

"Hello Omkara." My mom greeted as she opened the door, giving me a short hug.

"Gauri, How are you dear." My mom said pulling Gauri into a tight hug.

"I am fine, Jhanvi ji." Gauri said smiling.

"I am so happy, you came." My Mom said smiling brightly, "Come inside, I will show you around." She said pulling Gauri along with her leaving me alone.

"Get inside, Omkara." My Dad said coming towards me, "This is what happens when Mom's like your Girlfriend, they don't care us. My mo did the same too." My dad said guiding me inside the home.

"Gauri isn't my Girlfriend." I said sitting in the sofa in front of my Dad.

"But I can see that love for her in your eyes." My dad said giving me a wink. "So, tell me when you are going to tell her about your feelings?"

"I don't know, Dad." I said honestly, "I am afraid about her reaction, she thinks me as her friend and I didn't let her know that I have feelings for her."

"Son, you have to learn to acknowledge and express your feelings. She's a good girl, your Mom and I likes her, even Rudra gave his vote for her. Now it's up to you to ask her out. Take quick steps before you loose her." My dad said patting on my shoulder and walking towards the kitchen.

I followed my Dad towards the kitchen and saw my mom and Gauri cooking food together speaking about random things and gossips.

"I can already see the future." My dad smiled walking inside the kitchen as I began to look at Gauri speaking merrily with my parents leaning against the door frame of the kitchen.

"Wow! Gauri beta, this soup tasted exactly like my Mom's recipe, This soup and Gajar Halwa are my favourite." My dad said drinking a spoonful of soup that Gauri made.

"Thank you," Gauri said smiling. "I can make Gajar Halwa now, if you want." She said.

"Oh, don't stress yourself Gauri," My mom said waving her hands, "Ignore his cravings."

"You won't cook Gajar Halwa and when Gauri offers to cook, you are denying." My Dad frowned.

"You have diabetes forgot that?" My mom said strictly.

"One bowl of Gajar Halwa won't do anything." My dad said and turned towards Gauri ignoring my Mom. " Beta, please make Gajar Halwa." He requested.

"Tej... " My mom said annoyed.

"It's okay, Jhanvi ji." Gauri said softly, "I will make sugar free one, I used to make it for my dad." She rasped.

"Oh, Tej, see what you have done." My mom scolded my Dad gently wrapping her arms around Gauri.

"Arey, what have I done." My dad said walking towards Gauri.

"See, you reminded her about her parents and now she's sad." My Mom said softly rubbing Gauri shoulder.