Chapter 8

Gauri~

"Ms.Sharma, I am going to attend the meeting with Mr. Roy and by the time, I will be back, I want all these files to be sorted out in alphabetical order and need the data sheets on the progress of our new project." My boss said pointing towards the mountain of files laying in the corner of his cabin and walked out without another word grabbing the presentation and files from me.

"Psycho, sadist, Nandi bail, how can I sort of all these files alone in one day that too in less than 3 hours." I cried looking at the files.

I didn't had sleep last night preparing presentation for this arrogant douche bag and now I can't even rest because I have so much of work on my head.

The office today was calm since there was no one working in office. Again who will work on weekends expect the ill-fated ones like me who got a arrogant boss. I looked at my mobile and saw Bhavya's Instagram status showing that she was having a girl's day out with Richa and other girls in office. Off course they invited me to join them but I can't. Lucky guys!

Sighing I thought of preparing data sheets first and then sort out the files. I was working on preparing the data sheets for our new project and observed that there are a lot of mistakes in the files prepared by the people working in the project, they are given one work and they can't do it properly. I sorted out all the problems and prepared sheets taking print outs and it was one hectic day and I have more to go, I was already exhausted. I kept my forehead on my table and closed my eyes for a minute.

"Coffeeee.... " A loud voice made me jump in my seat.

"Rudra! " I said holding my heart.

"Oops! Sorry for scaring you beautiful lady." He apologized.

"What are you doing here in my cabin? FYI Omkara sir is out for a meeting and won't be returning till next two hours." I said trying to be polite.

"Yeah, I got to know that. Since my brother was away for a stupid meeting leaving his beautiful assistant alone, I thought of keeping some company to you." He said settling himself in the sofa in the corner of my cabin.

"Mr.Oberoi, I have a lot of work to do and I am not interested in whatever game you are trying to play with that flirting and all." I said annoyed.

"Hey, you hurt me." He said holding his heart. "I am here just to check on my brother and found you, so thought of getting you a coffee." He said pointing towards the coffee cup on my desk.

"Umm... Thank you." I said looking between him and the coffee cup.

"You know, you can have that coffee I didn't spiked it." He said making me smile.

"Thank you, I really need it with the lot of work I had been doing." I said sipping the coffee.

"Yeah, I know my brother can be such a pain in ass sometimes." He said making me laugh.

I really had enjoyed spending time with Rudra. He is cool and funny making me laugh with his jokes. He sat on sofa cracking jokes while I arranged the files in Omkaraji's room. We both made jokes on my boss and laughed.

"Thank you, Rudra. Without you I might have crazy with all these works." I said thankfully.

"Dosti mein No sorry, No thanks." Rudra said flipping his hair.

"When did we became friends? " I asked raising my brow.

"Come on, Ri. I helped you, we spent all these time together. We can be friends. And you are the First girl, I am asking to become my friend, If there was any other girl in your place I would have asked to go on a date with me." He said winking.

"Okay Friends." I said shaking his hand smiling brightly.

"I have a cute friend now." He said poking my nose making me laugh.

"Okay, Rudra. I have work to do before your akdu bhaiyya comes." I said walking into my cabin.

"Don't know what his problem is." Rudra said rolling his eyes. "Hey Ri, How about you and me going out for lunch tomorrow afternoon." He asked.

"I don't think... "

"Hey don't say No. We have to celebrate our friendship and besides you don't even have to take permission from your nandi bail boss since it's Sunday tomorrow." He said making logic sign.

"Okay smart guy. Just text me the time and address of the restaurant." I said smiling.

"Okay done." Rudra said.

"Rudra?" My boss's voice came and we both stood up in attention.

"What are you doing in my office? " He asked looking between Rudra and me.

"Hey O, I just came to see you and was asking your assistant here about the same." Rudra said.

"Okay. Come to my cabin we will talk there." My boss said turning on his heel and Rudra nodded his head mouthing see you later to me.

"And Ms. Sharma. " My boss said suddenly with his back facing me," Get the files of our new project along with my coffee to my cabin." He said rudely before walking into his cabin.

Rudra gave me a sympathetic look before following my arrogant boss into his cabin.

I took deep breathes trying to control myself, I have worked with Shaktiji for six months and not even once did he treated me like this. The sleep deprivation, the whole lot of work and stress and my boss's taunts are making me highly emotional.

I went made my way towards pantry to prepare black coffee for my boss.

I took his coffee and the files I prepared for him along with data sheets he asked me.

"Ms.Sharma get the data sheets to my office in 5 minutes." He barked in the intercom suddenly making me jump and spill the coffee on the data sheets.

"Hey Shankerji, what do now. The whole data sheets got drenched in coffee. My boss will sure kill me today, I don't even have enough time to take another print and prepare the coffee in 5 minutes without any help." I prayed to God.

"Ms.Sharma!" His voice boomed and I ran towards pantry to make another cup of coffee while carefully carrying the files in my hands.

Happy New Year, Cupcakes!! Wishing you a happy and dazzling new year :)