Chapter 15

Omkara~

"Did you made a wish? " Gauri asked softly.

"I don't believe in this stuff." I said trying to act tough.

"Oh! " Gauri said continuing to look back at the sky.

"My mom used to say that Comets carries our wishes to the God acting as messengers. So, if we wish on them the chances are they might come true." She said after a silence of few minutes.

"Seems like you love your Mom a lot." I said trying to make a conversation.

"Yes, I love my parents a lot especially my mom." She said with her eyes moist.

"Are you missing them? " I asked the obvious.

"A lot." She rasped.

"Why don't you make a call and talk to them? " I asked.

"I wish I can but they were far away from my reach." She said looking up at the sky with tears pooled in her eyes.

"I am sorry." I said, "You're parents are lucky to have a daughter like you, who loves them. They might be feeling proud looking down at you." I said softly feeling bad for her.

She nodded her head.

"You know when my parents were alive I used to be the most naughty kid." Gauri said looking at the sky, "I never used to listen to them, I always used to run away doing mischievous things, I am a trouble child, who used to keep them on their toes but still they used to love me the same and one day when I woke up, I didn't had them by my side. There was not a day that goes by without their memories, How many times I wished that I had my parents with me, so that I can lay my head in my mom's lap sleep and get pampered by my dad." Gauri said wiping the lone tear that escaped from the corner of her eye.

"The thing is Omkaraji, we have to cherish the things or persons while we still have them or else one day they might become memories and we might regret ourselves for being not able to spend time with them. I might not be able to spend time with my parents but you can, cherish what you have." Gauri said looking straight in my eyes.

"I think it's the time, I should leave." Gauri said standing up from the ground.

"Good night, Omkaraji." She said and walked away leaving me in my thoughts.

Her words made me realise my mistake about how bad I am hurting my parents for the thing they didn't did. I looked at Gauri's retreating figure, this girl's different, she's making me realise so many things since I met her.

I took my mobile and dialled the number that I had been avoiding since my broken marriage with Ishaana.

"Omkara? " My mom's voice came in a surprise.

"Mom." I said and heard a gasp from the other side.

"Omkara, is it really you? " My mom asked still shocked.

"Yes and I am sorry Mom." I said regretfully.

"My baby, I missed you." My mom cried.

"I missed you too, Mom. I am a fool to ignore you all because of a mistake you never did." I said feeling bad about myself for making my parents suffer.

"We can understand you, Om. But please don't block us away." My mom rasped.

"I will never repeat my mistake Mom." I said honestly.

I spoke with my parents and felt happy. They had also been suffering just like me but I was so selfish that I cared less about them.

I really have to thank my petite secretary for this.

Gauri~

I was in a hurry to reach the office since I woke up late and the bus left by the time I reached the bus stop.
I was running through the long hallways to make way to my cabin as soon as possible before my boss can scold me for my tardiness.

I literally threw my handbag on my table and ran towards the pantry to make coffee to my boss. But I stilled in my steps as I saw the scene in front of me.

Bhavya in the arms of Rudra as were engaged in a passionate kiss oblivious of their surroundings.

Someone cleared their throat behind me making Rudra and Bhavya break their kiss startled. I was still shocked with what I saw that I stood their watching with wide eyes.

"Gauri." A husky yet strong male voice whispered my name from behind me with a warm breathe fanning on my nape making me turn around.

As I turned around my eyes locked with a part of beautiful chocolate brown orbs that belonged to my boss.
He looked at me for a minute and averted his gaze back to Rudra and Bhavya, who was standing near the pantry like the kids, who got caught to their mom stealing a candy from the jar.

"What's going in here? " My boss asked after clearing his throat.

"I can explain it, Om." Rudra said pushing Bhavya behind him.

"I am listening. " My boss said looking at Rudra.

"Om can we two carry on this discussion in your cabin." Rudra asked requesting Omkara with his eyes.

"Okay." My boss said and looked at Bhavya, who was hiding behind Rudra.

"Ms.Rathore, you can go and continue your work." He said in a dismissing tone and left the place with Rudra tailing behind him after giving a assuring look to Bhavya.

After they left I looked back at Bhavya, who was looking down biting her nails. I cleared my throat to gain her attention.

"Can we talk about this after work? " Bhavya asked nervously.

"Sure." I said and walked towards the coffee machine.

I stood  in front of my boss's cabin contemplating whether to knock the door or not since he was busy speaking with Rudra.

Finally when I decided to knock the door by raising my hand, it opened revealing, Rudra.

"Hey Gauri." Rudra said smiling.

"Hi." I said smiling back.

"Are..."

"Gauri, did you brought my coffee? " My boss spoke cutting off Rudra.

"Yes, sir." I said looking at My boss, who was standing behind Rudra.

"Rudra, you can leave now. My Assistant here has work to do." My boss said looking at Rudra.

Rudra nodded his head and left not before saying bye to me.

My boss held the door open for me to enter and closed it after I entered his cabin.