Chapter 29

Omkara~

The door closed behind Gauri leaving Ishaana and me surrounded by silence in my cabin.

"Omkara, I am sorry." Ishaana said breaking the silence looking guilty in my direction.

"Sorry for what, Ishaana, for betraying and hiding things from your best friend or for ditching and making me fun stock in the alter?" I asked gritting my teeth.

"Omkara, I am sorry for everything but please let me explain." Ishaana requested, "What I did was for our own good, Omkara."

"What do you mean?" I asked confused.

"Please, sit down and let me explain." Ishaana said pointing towards the chairs.

I sighed and sat on the chair while Ishaana occupied the one in front of me.

"You better have a good explanation for wasting my time, I have a meeting to attend." I said annoyed.

"You are still the same stubborn kid, I have grown up with." Ishaana said with a smile.

"I don't have time to go down the memory lane, tell me what you wanna talk about." I said and Ishaana sighed taking in a deep breathe.

"Omkara, Remember when Our parents fixed our marriage, I was in Switzerland for an internship?" Ishaana asked softly.

"Yes, the internship with Sky Arc. Industries." I said remembering.

"Yes, when I started interning with Sky Arc. Industries, one day I crossed my paths with Samar Roy, who came to attend a meeting in the company." I just nodded my head to continue.

"Fast forward, he asked me to go on a date with him and I refused knowing that Roy's were our rivals and you and Samar were never on the good terms." Ishaana said, "He requested me several times and finally I gave up."

"After that date, we began to spend time with each other and got to know unlike the Roy's Samar was a nice guy and he had this secret crush on me since our high school and was too jealous whenever I used to hang out with you, which was a another major cause fir his rivalry with you." Ishaana said with a small smile.

"Now, I understand why he used throw those glares towards me whenever I was around you." I said smiling.

"Well, we began dating each other and were in a relationship, which we decided to keep as a secret knowing about our parents business rivalry." Ishaana continued, "Our relationship was all Rainbows and sunshine until one day when I got a courier with the photos of Samar with another girl in their private space, I was heart broken and flew back to India."

"And when I came home, my parents told me about your wedding proposal and out of the rage, I accepted it." Ishaana said with a sorry look, "but believe me, Omkara, I never had an intention to hide these things from you, In fact I had decided to let you know about Samar before the marriage but my father stopped me."

"My father some how got to know about my relationship with Samar and blackmailed me not to tell you anything since you know... That time my father was bankrupt and the only way to save himself is by getting me married to you." Ishaana said feeling embarassed about her father's behaviour.

"But a few days before the marriage, I found I was pregnant with Samar child and My father told me not to disclose the pregnancy to anyone and pretend it like the baby was yours." Ishaana said making me shocked, I know Mr. Mathur was a cunning person but haven't expected this.

"I was threatened by my parents either to hide my pregnancy or to abort the baby, I could do either of it, I felt attached towards the jelly bean in my belly, that the thought of aborting it killed me. And at the same time, I couldn't betray you and play with your emotions, I ran away from my house on the night before the wedding. I ran away because I don't want to play with your emotions and I ran away for my baby." Ishaana said as a tear slipped down from her cheek .