Chapter 12

Omkara~

It was Sunday Morning and I thought of doing some office works since I don't have any ideas for today. After meeting Gauri yesterday in the club, I felt guilty about being rude to my employees and especially Gauri. I decided to apologize to Gauri tomorrow. Remembering of Gauri, a smile made it's way on my lips which was alien for me from past few months. Her cute antics and complaints about me, I wonder what she would be doing now? Did she remembered about what happened last night at the pub? I can't wait for tomorrow to meet Gauri. There was something alluring about her that I cannot stop thinking about her all the day.

Gauri~

I reached the diner, Rudra told me about and it was nothing fancy but a small and simple local diner.

"Ri... " Rudra called waving his hands from his table as soon as I entered the cafe.

I smiled politely and made my way towards the table he was sitting in which was a corner one beside the large glass window which has a good view of the park beside the diner.

"Hi Rudra." I greeted taking a seat in front of him.

"Hey! Thank you for coming." Rudra said and we ordered our food.

"Gauri, first of all I am sorry for my brother's behaviour yesterday." Rudra apologized.

"It's okay, I better get habituated to that type of treatment." I said honestly.

"I am really ashamed of the way he treated you yesterday." Rudra said feeling shameful.

"It's okay, Rudra. I decided to let go of it." I said. "Your brother has been like that always, I can't blame him."

"He wasn't like that before but a few incidents made him the way he was now, cold and cruel." Rudra said slowly.

"What does that mean? " I asked curious.

"Well, a few months back my father decided to get O married to his business partner, Mr. Mathur's daughter, Ishaana. It was totally a marriage of benefit for both the companies however O agreed to get married to Ishaana according to my dad's wishes." Rudra said.

Wow! My boss was engaged. Interesting!

"They got engaged in a grand way and were the center of attention for all the paparazzi. Everything was good and marriage was fixed in two months from the engagement. We were all very excited for the marriage of the first heir of Oberoi's. We all reached the venue and had been waiting at the alter only to know that Ishaana ran away from the wedding. Omkara was heartbroken and humiliated. He never expected that from Ishaana since she was all good to Omkara and they both looked like lovey-dovey couple. Since then he became cold thinking about Ishaana's betrayal." Rudra said.

"Oh, I am sorry." I said feeling bad about what happened with my boss and his family.

"It's okay, there's nothing to do about it now. But I seriously miss my old Om, who was kind and funny." Rudra said with a hint of sadness in his voice. "I wish I could get him back."

I gently placed my hand on Rudra's hand that was laying on the table.

"Can I ask a question? " I asked softly and he nodded his head giving me permission to go ahead.

"What happened to Ishaana? Any information about why she ran away on her wedding day? " I asked out of curiosity.

"Same cliche story, she found someone better and ditched Om to marry him." Rudra said grudgingly, "After a month, we found out that Ishaana married Samar Roy, one of the richest man in India, who's our rival."