Chapter 19

Gauri~

"Hi again, Gauri ji." Neel winked as I stood shocked but soon I composed and greeted him back.

"Hello Neel ji." I said shaking hands with him and I can feel the cold glare of my employer on me. But why?

Soon we settled down for the presentation and during the whole presentation I can feel my boss's glare on me. I thanked the heavens when the presentation has finished finally. And my boss signed the deal with Parker Industries.

"It's a pleasure to work with you Mr. Oberoi." Neel said shaking hands with My boss.

"Likewise, Mr. Roy." My boss said in a cold business tone.

Thank god, now I can escape to my room and sleep my tiredness off.

"Mr.Oberoi." Mr. Parker said coming front, "I am hosting a charity ball, this Saturday and I would like to invite you to the ball and I would be honoured if you make your presence there."

"Thank you for the invite, Mr. Parker." My boss said, "I will attend it."

"That's great, I will ask my Assistant to mail the details of the Charity ball to you." Mr. Parker said smiling big.

"I will take a leave for now." My boss said and nodded in my direction.

I got my cue to move my lazy butt. I began to follow my boss after gathering the files and laptop, when Needs voice came making me halt in my steps.

"Gauriji," He called making me turn around and my boss stopped in his tracks.

"Yes." I asked.

"Would like to go on a lunch date with me tomorrow? " Neel asked smiling hopefully.

"I__"

"She has to accompany me for my meeting tomorrow afternoon, Ms. Sharma will be unavailable." My boss voice came cutting me off.

"Oh!" Neel said, "How about a dinner date? "

"Ms.Sharma has to prepare a presentation for my meeting on Saturday early morning in California, she will busy tomorrow and Saturday." My boss replayed again before I can open my mouth.

Neel face looked a bit wilted and again brightened up.

"Would like to be my date for the charity ball on Sunday, Gauri ji." Neel said smiling bright, "Sunday is a holiday and you won't have any work."

"She's going to ball with me." Do I have to say again who said that?

When did my boss changed his name to Gauri and how can he decide my plans on a off day. He didn't even asked me to go to ball with him. Arrogant jerk.

"Okay, no problem." Neel said smiling, "I will see you in the charity ball on Sunday." Neel said hopefully.

"Yeah, see you on Sunday." I said smiling back.

The remaining days went on a blur and it's finally Sunday, which means I have to attend the charity ball with my boss. He didn't even asked me to go with him, instead he just ordered me to be ready and meet him in reception area at 6. Nandi bail.

Since it was a sudden plan and I didn't have any proper dress to attend the ball, last night after finishing the meeting at 9:30 PM, my boss gave me permission to go out to shop my dress. Idiot, because of him I had to run all the way down the block and select the dress hurriedly before the shop closes at 10.

Do you know what he said when I asked him that I don't have any idea about where the shopping mall's are located in here.

"Ms.Sharma, you are not a kid, that you need a chaperone to accompany you everywhere. Go find where it is yourself instead wasting yours and mine time." He said in annoyed tone, "And be back early, I don't want you to make excuses tomorrow morning for being late to work." He said and walked into his room not even taking a word.

I walked out of the room after getting ready to the ball and found my boss waiting in the reception area wearing a black colour three piece suit and open hair.

"You are late, Ms. Sharma." He said gesturing towards the clock as soon as he spotted me.

"Sorry, sir." I said looking at the clock which showed the time as 6:01.

"I don't have time for your excuses, let's get going." He said and walked towards the exit with me running behind him to catch up with his pace.

We reached the place where Mr. Parker's organizing the charity ball and our car stopped at the entrance. My boss got down and offered his hand for me take.

"Wow! He know how to be a gentleman."

And then I noticed the paparazzi and cameraman. I slipped my hand in his large warm hands and he pulled me along with him towards the entrance where people are clicking photos. I was looking at them like a deer in headlights.

"Smile, Ms. Sharma." My boss whispered.

"I am smiling, Sir." I whispered back.

"No, you are not." My boss whispered back, "Smile brightly or else people will think I had forced you to come with me."

"Stating the facts. " I mumbled inaudibly and tried to smile.

"Ms.Sharma, I will hike your salary by 25% and I will be nice to everyone and will treat you nice like a friend? " My boss said suddenly and it took me a while to register his words.

"Really!? " I asked smiling brightly.

"No, but this is what you call a genuine smile. Now maintain that through out the ball." He replied and entered the halls of the venue crossing the paparazzi.

Bloody bugger, how dare he to play with me. Hey bhagwaan, give one chance to your chiraiyya to take revenge on this nandi bail aka my boss. I sent silent prayers as I entered the Hall following my boss closely behind him.

"Omkara." Someone called my boss making him turn around swiftly.

"Mr.Nanda." My boss said looking at a person, who looked like he was in his mid fifties.

"Nice to see you here, Omkara. What a pleasant surprise to see you here in New York!" Mr.Nanda said surprised.

"Nice to see you too, Mr. Nanda." My boss said shaking hands with him, "I am here on business work." He said.

"Oh! Even I am here to sign a contract with Simmons and you know what!" Mr. Nanda said smiling brightly, "Even Ridhima is here." He said pointing towards a girl in the crowd.

As on cue a tall and slender looking woman wearing a bright red color dress,who Mr. Nanda just pointed out turned around and came walking towards us with a big smile on her bright red lips.

"Om baby... " The girl who's name I now know is Ridhimma exclaimed in a cheerful high pitch tone before hugging my boss tightly.

"Hello Ridhimma." My boss said in a polite tone detaching her from him.

"Hi Om, I am glad to see you here after a long time, you don't even answer my calls." She said pouting and I felt like I have to find an empty vase to spit the contents in my stomach out.

"I was busy in works." My boss replied.

"Oh, you don't have to explain to me, Om baby, I know what a busy person you are." She said wrapping her hand around my boss's arm. "Come on, let me introduce you to my friends." She said and pulled my boss with her even before he can say anything.

I was left behind among the unknown faces when a familiar voice called me.

"Gauri ji." Neel said coming towards me smiling brightly.