[15] Illnesses don't discriminate

Start from the beginning

'Did he fall asleep?' 

Akaashi set down the grocery bags he had in his arms, reaching into his pocket for the spare key Bokuto gave him. He unlocked the door quietly, just incase the other was sleeping. He picked back up the bags, walking inside. 

He kicked off his shoes and set the bags down on the kitchen counters. The apartment was quite so he assumed that Bokuto was sleeping. He started making a cup of tea and unpacked the groceries. When the water was done boiling, he strained in the tea and added honey. 

Akaashi stepped up the stairs, moving slowly as to not spill the contents of the cup. He entered Bokuto's bedroom—and sure enough—he was asleep. Akaashi set the tea on his bedside table. He pulled up a chair next to his bedside and sat down. 

The other looked sick; he was pale and had deep bags under his eyes. Akaashi placed the back of his hand on the other's forehead; he felt hot.

Bokuto stirred in his sleep at the feeling. Akaashi hastily retracted his hand, trying not to wake the other. However, the cause of that motion only seemed to wake Bokuto more, because right after the other's eyes were fluttering open. 

He blinked a couple times confused, before his eyes landed on the raven haired male.

"Oh, hey," he spoke dazed.

"Hi, how are you feeling?" Akaashi uttered, voice barely above a whisper as to not disturb him anymore than he already had. 

"Like shit," he deadpanned.

"Figured," Akaashi chuckled. "Where do you keep your thermometer?"

"Bathroom, top cabinet above the sink."

Akaashi stood up, "Oh, here's this. It's ginger tea with honey."

Bokuto sat up in his bed, taking the cup from Akaashi's hands, "thanks."

Akaashi went into bathroom, finding the thermometer where Bokuto said it would be. He came back out and took Bokuto's temperature.

"Ah."

"That bad?" 

"102.4°F."

Bokuto winced, "I guess it is pretty high then..."

Akaashi hummed, "go back to sleep. I'll wake you back up when I finish making you soup."

"But-"

"No but's!" Akaashi retaliated already walking out of the bedroom, closing the door shut behind him.

 -

An hour and a half later, Akaashi is knocking on Bokuto's door. Akaashi hands him the bowl of soup and the two eat making conversation.

"Y'know...I told you to take a break or else you'd get sick. You need to take better care of your health," Akaashi lightly scolded.

"It's flu season anyways."

"It's August?"

"Illnesses don't discriminate."

Akaashi gave the other a glare.

Bokuto laughed, "I'm joking! I know, and I will. I just want to get this project done first."

"But that'll take at least another month. You could get sick again in that time." 

"I won't, I'll take make sure to sleep and eat properly. Besides, even if I did get sick again, you'd make sure I become healthy anyways," he smiled cheekily. 

"Not after this I won't," Akaashi huffed.

"That's a lie and you know it," Bokuto teased.

He just rolled his eyes at the other. After they finish eating, Akaashi takes their bowls down and cleans up the mess he made wwhen cooking. After he's finished, he goes back up to take Bokuto's temperature again.

This time it's 101.6°. It's still not an optimal temperature, but he figures it's good that the fever lowered and didn't get any higher. Bokuto is on the verge of falling asleep again so Akaashi figures he'll leave and comeback later in the afternoon to check on him again.

Akaahsi shakes him gently to get his attention, "Hey Kou, I'm gonna leave, but I'll come back later to check on you."

Bokuto rolls over so he's facing Akaashi. "Noooo, stay!" he whined.

"I'm going to come back later," Akaashi reminds him.

"Doesn't matter, I still want you to stay," Bokuto tugs at Akaashi's arm.

"How delirious are you right now? Did you take too much DayQuil?"

"Mm, maybe. Doesn't matter, I still want you to stay," he repeats. 

"Okay, I'll stay until you fall asleep," Akaashi ties to compromise. He sits back down in the chair. 

"Nooo!" he whines again.

Akaashi chuckles, "Okay, then what do you want me to do?"

Bokuto lazily pats the empty space next to him. Akaashi raises an eyebrow at him.

"You're gonna get me sick then."

"Then it'll be my turn to take care of you!"

Akaashi rolls his eyes, but eventually gives in. Bokuto's arms immediately wrap around the other, not giving Akaashi a chance to rethink his decision. 

By some miracle, Bokuto is back to normal by the next afternoon, staying true to what he said earlier

By some miracle, Bokuto is back to normal by the next afternoon, staying true to what he said earlier. Akaashi was thankful that he didn't catch Bokuto's sickness. Despite the other feeling better, he makes sure that Bokuto takes it easy.

When it's time to leave, Akaashi reminds the other that it's time to go and not overwork himself. To his surpise, Bokuto actually listens and shuts off his computer. He's so stunned that by the time Bokuto is ready to leave, Akaashi hasn't even finished putting everything away.

"You're not ready? But I thought you said to not overwork?" Bokuto smirked.

"Shut up," Akaashi groaned.

He puts away the remaining of his stuff. Bokuto watches amused, laughing at the other. Akaashi meets him at his office door.

"Asshole."

Bokuto laughs before drapping an arm around Akaashi, starting to go off on an unknown tangent. 

another update today since it took so long to get the last chapter out!! i am a sucker for sick prompts so here's this fluff :)

~peachy