Chapter Twenty One - The Lie

Ali's surprise party was better than anyone expected it to have been, I was happier than ever as I danced with Matt, Cam and Ali. Allison grabbed my hand and spun me around and I giggled and did the same to her. Cam couldn't seem to take his eyes of of Allison, it was actually super sweet to watch him fall head over heels for my best friend.

Someone tapped on my shoulder and I span so fast that I tripped and fell onto my butt. Ali's laughter could be heard over the music and I looked up into a pair of deep blue eyes.

"Hi" I breathed.

"Hey" he chuckled "need a hand?"

I nodded and Nash helped me to me feet. "Would you like to dance with me?" he asked, his face centimetres away so he could be heard over the music.

"I would." I replied.

He took my hand sending tingles where our skin connected like the girls say happens in the books  and led me of to the corner of the room and held my hand, we danced and he spun me around before pulling me close by the waist and whispering in my ear.

"You look even more beautiful than usual tonight, Mili."

I knew I was blushing and prayed the darkness concealed the redness of my cheeks.

"That's not the kind of things friends say to one another." I winked at him.

"Screw being friends, I want to marry you Amelia. I know it, our friends know it, it's just you that doesn't know it yet." It was like he was another person, he's been drinking but he wasn't drunk, the alcohol just seemed to have boosted his confidence. I was about to reply when Hayes rushed over and screamed over the noise.

"MILS I WAS TALKING TO YOUR FRIEND DAISY, WHO I REALLY LIKE BY THE WAY, BUT THATS NOT THE POINT. ANYWAY I WENT TO SEE CAM AND WHEN I CAME BACK TO HER IN THE KITCHEN, ALLY AND YOUR OTHER FRIEND MAISY OR WHATEVER WAS WITH HER. ALLY AND DAISY LOOK LIKE THEIR GOING TO RIP EACH OTHER TO SHREDS. I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO." I stared at him in disbelief. "MILS WHAT ARE YOU DOING JUST STANDING THERE! COME ON!"

I rushed into the kitchen after him to find Ally and Daisy locked in a death stare.

"What's going on?" I asked.

Daisy looked at me first, her eyes spilled little salty streams down her face.

"Lia, I'm so sorry we ruined your party." She sniffed, "I was just getting a drink for me and Hayes and she" she pointed at Ali, "she started screaming at me like a lunatic, telling me to leave you alone because you were her best friend now."

I was completely at loss for words, my mouth hung open as I looked between the two girls.

"YOU LITTLE BITCH." Screeched Allison taking a step forward, Daisy cringed at the words and backed up against the wall.

Megan looked just as shocked as I felt, however her expression was aimed at Daisy and it seemed as though she was trying to figure something out.

"ALLISON!" I barked, "What are you playing at?" I demanded, glaring at her.

"WHAT AM I PLAYING AT?!" She screamed, raising her eyebrows. "Ask this little shit, she's the one trying to tell me what to do and who to be friends with. How can you stand to be around her? She just lied to you freaking face for gods sake!"

Allison looked furious and Daisy was sniffling in the corner of the room. I ran up to her and pulled her into my arms. "Calm down hun, it's okay" I soothed.

Ali was fuming and looked ready to explode. "I know you've been friends with her longer." She seethed, "but I am not a liar, I can't believe your choosing her lame ass excuse over what you must know actually happened." I didn't reply, I just stared. "Fine." She whispered, "then I'm going to go." And with that she stormed off.

The three of us stood their in silence for a minute.

"You know what Mils?" Megan said quietly, breaking the silence. "Your my best friend and I love you, but you can be so god damn stupid sometimes." She walked towards where Allison had just left.

"And whys that?" I asked, frustrated by the riddles.

She looked me dead in the eyes, "Because Ali was telling the truth."

With that she ran after Ali, leaving me and Daisy staring after her, completely and utterly speechless.