Chapter 62 - The Break Up

"What do you mean we're breaking up?" Nash asked, completely bewildered.

I'd called him straight after the conversation with my mother. She was refusing to tell me who told her about the night club because they were apprantley 'just looking out for me' and 'didn't want me to be mad at them', so even when I tried to explain to mum that the anonymous messenger had blackmailed me, she refused to believe me and was being completley irrational. I even showed her the messages, to which she claimed I sent them to myself because I'm a 'lying technology genius' - like I said, completley irrational.

I'd called Nash before I showed mum the messages, only realising after deciding to meet with Nash that she might believe me and change my mind about him. Obviously, I'd been wrong.

He looked at me now like I was a mental patient in an assylm that had just told him that I enjoyed eating chicken nuggets with fried fingernails.

"I mean, I'm breaking up with you. My mother won't let me see you anymore." I tried to explain, he'd only just began to accept that I wasn't joking about this.

"Why the hell are you letting her? Just say no!" He said, clearly getting frustrated.

"I can't explain. It's something I can't tell you and-"

"Since when did we keep secrets?" Nash looked hurt by what I was saying, his huge, begging eyes causing me to battle back tears that threatened to fall.

"Nash, I can't, this is out of my hands!" I tried to explain, my voice getting louder with the desperation as I willed him to understand.

He turned around, pulling at his hair and rubbing his eyes with the palm of his hands.

"You can't do this, I won't let you." He told me, turning back to face me and kissing me forcefully.

The tears fell freely now as I pushed him away, sobbing down his shirt as I leant against his chest. "You can't stop it!" I cried.

His face was contorted in pain when I looked back up to his face.

"Mils, please, don't do this." He breathed, holding my shoulders so I couldn't move, "Whatevers making you, whoevers making you, we'll fix it. I promise. I'll fix it for you, just don't-"

"No. You can't. It's not about you and me, or even mum. You can't fix this, Nash. I am so so sorry." I started to pull away slowly, but he stayed frozen. His eyes red and tears streaming down his cheeks in silence.

Just as I turned, he grabbed my hand and fell to his knees on the floor.

"Millie-" He begged.

I couldn't look at him anymore, it was pitiful seeing him so desperate and scared. So, instead I looked away and gently pried my hand from his grip, walking away as he stayed on his knees, staring after me.

******

I dragged my feet all the way down the road, my eyes drooping with exhaustion and grief. However, as soon as I walked in, I realised bed wasn't an option.

"Where were you?" Mum asked, glaring at me dangerously.

"I was with Nash." I told her, not even bothering to hide my eye roll.

"I knew it!" She exclaimed, striding over to her phone, which I sneakily grabbed before her.

"Calm down. I was breaking up with him, like you said." I sneered, "He deserved an explaination."

"Oh," She muttered, looking awkwardly at the ground, I mentally high-fived myself for making her squirm, "Well, good. It explains that I guess." She told me, gesturing to my face.

Well wasn't she a lovely parent?

"Whatever. I'm going to bed." I told her, staggering up to my bedroom.

"Don't speak to me like that young lady!" She yelled after me just as I slammed the door.

I quickly changed and hopped into bed, checking my phone quickly to find a new message.

'Bravo! That was a wonderful, darling. But seriously, when are you telling Cam?'

I turned off my phone and rolled onto my stomach in bed. I burried my head in my pillow and sobbed mercilessly as the relisation of what had just happened sunk in.

***Later***

I was just slipping off to sleep when a thunderous rapping at the front door disturbed me.

I heard mum plod down the hallway to open it before she gasped and suddenly someone was running up the stairs three at a time, towards my bedroom.

I automatically grabbed the closest weapon I could find - which happened to be a coat hanger - and held it up to my face as I stumbled into a standing position.

When the boy burst through the door, I realised how ridiculous I must've seemed, standing in my pyjamas and holding a hanger for protection. I wanted to laugh but the look on Nash's face told me he didn't find the situation even slightly amusing.

"Jeez, you scared me!" I told him, putting the hanger down on my bedside table, "What are you doing here?"

"You need to tell me what's going on, now." He demanded, staring at me with puffy,red eyes.

"I already tried to tell you. We're over Nash." The words stumbled out of my mouth unwillingly and fell to the ground between us like rocks.

"I don't believe your mum is breaking us up for no reason." He told me, throwing his hands up in exasperation.

I opened my mouth to reply but was cut of by yet another person entering the room.

"What the hell is going on here?" Mum demanded, her eyes wild as she glared at us with her snake-like eyes.

"Your daughter was just about to explain to me why you're forcing us to break up." He told her, never letting his eyes stray from mine.

"You took her to a night club! You're making her reckless and you'll end up getting her in trouble, killed or worse yet, pregnant! Do you expect me to just be okay with that?!" She backfired.

"That's not it. Amelia wouldn't let you control her that easily if that was all." He said, which was completely true, I would never have let her break us up if it were only because of that. But the blackmailer had threatened Ally's secret...

I knew then what I had to do.

"You're right, Nash." I told him, putting all my effort into sounding truthfull and nochalent, "that's not it. I wanted out anyway, Mum finding out about the club was just a helpful coinsidence and an excuse."

They were both staring at me now. Clearly I'd caught them both of guard and shut the pair up.

"I wanted to break up with you for a while, but I didn't know how to without being too bitchy." I continued, suprising myself at how calm I sounded, maybe it was because it was the right thing to say, "The truth is, I don't want to be tied down to one guy and recently, I've kind of been noticing Shawn a lot more, so I wanted to break up with you so that I could give him a try..." I let my voice trail of and fought back the urge to rush over and wrap Nash in a bear hug as an unbearably broken-hearted expression took over his features and his shoulders slumped in defeat.

Nash didn't say anything as he left the room. Not even goodbye.

Mum recovered enough to start a lecture about how it was 'for the best' and that I 'should've told her that I didn't want to date him' because she believed we were 'closer than that'.

I ignored her as I crawled back in bed, but she continued to nag and nag and nag.

"Get out." I told her quietly.

"Excuse me?"

"Get out of my bedroom, now mum. Get out!" I screeched, following behind her as she stomped away and slamming the door so hard that the door handle shook.

Then, finally, I fell to sleep, feeling numb, cold and basically the same way I imagined death would feel.