Chapter 60 - Liars

Ally and I walked the rest of the way home in complete silence, neither knowing what to say to make the situation any better.

When we finally reached her house I tucked her into bed and left. She was snoring before I'd even closed the door.

I wandered down the dark road alone. I kept thinking and thinking, but I always came up blank; there was nothing I could do to help Ally.

She'd regretted the kiss, I know she did. I also knew never to let her get so wasted ever again, I blamed myself for leaving her all alone in the club, especially with a guy like Seb. But would Cam forgive this? And who was this person who knew? What did they want? Could we keep this a secret?

I unlocked my front door and crept inside, pouring myself a glass of water which I gulped down greedily.

BING!

New message from unknown. I quickly looked and my heart stopped.

'Hiding the bitch's dirty little secret, Amelia? and I thought you couldn't get any worse.'

Unlike Ally, I was over my initial shock in seconds and replied asking who they were and what they wanted.

'Tut, tut, tut, Amelia. Patience is a virtue, darling.'

I swore out loud and deleted the message, running up the stairs two at a time and climbing into bed.

Stupid messages from some idiot trying to freak us out. They won't do anything, not unless they want us to know who they are and if they do, well, that won't be good for them. No one messes with my bestfriend.

My phone went off again, which I ignored, but then it made me jump a few minutes later so I went to turn it of when I noticed the messages weren't from an unknown I.D, but from Nash.

'Mils, where did you and Ally go?' The first one read, the second said, 'Ally, tell me you did NOT walk home together on your own?!'

I replied with a quick sorry message and had just hit send when a new text popped up.

'Don't ignore me. There is something I want... But it's not from Ally. It's from you. So, let me ask you, how much do you love your BFF?'

The message sent shivers down my spine with anxiety, what could this person possibly want from me? I pushed back these thoughts and switched my phone off before laying back down and attempting to sleep.

***The Morning After***

I hadn't slept much yesterday, too busy tossing and turning and worrying about the messages.

I plodded down the stairs in denim shorts, a bikini top and flip flops, thinking a quick swim might make me feel less like a zombie. However, just as I grabbed a newly baked blueberry muffin for breakfast, the doorbell rung and I rushed to the door to find a scowling Nash looking down on me.

"Good morning!" I said brightly, forcing a cheerful tone to try lighten his mood. It didn't work.

"You ignored my message last night." He stated accusingly.

"i told you we were fine, but after that my phone died." I told him, I was quite proud, that lie was almost believable.

Nash narrowed his eyes at me then, "Are you lying to me?"

"Are you calling me a liar?" I backfired.

"That depends if you are one or not?"

"I'm not."

He stared for a moment longer before sighing and holding the bridge of his nose with his forefinger and thumb.

"Sorry," He muttered. "I'm hungover and groggy and I was worrying about you and Al all night, where is she by the way, not run off with some other guy and ditching Cam I hope?" He joked, his expression morphing into a happier one.