Author's Note

Thank you

Thank you guys so much for following my story. I spent hours writing it and I was so passionate about the story line itself. I'm sad that it's over but it was so much fun.

I really fell in love with Kiyoko and her development and I'm sad that her story has come to an end. I hope you guys loved her and her story as much as I did.

Now that it's over, maybe I could interest you in a shameless plug...?

Birds of Prey !

It's my Tododeku story that is formatted in a similar way of this story (2,000 words give or take, broken up paragraphs). It's a third person that mostly follows Todoroki, a hit man in the organization Birds of prey. There is a sprinkle of Kiribaku in there also.

If you liked this book and you like Tododeku, there is no doubt in my mind that you'll like Birds of Prey, so check it out!

Once again, thank you so much for following Kiyoko's story.

Also if y'all were curious, here's some info on the kids:

Todoroki Reiko: biological daughter of Kiyoko and Todoroki. She's five years old. She was named after Kiyoko's mom. She has red hair with light blueish grayish eyes. Her quirk is fire manipulation. She can create fire, but unlike Todoroki, she can shape it however she wants, and can control existing fires. So instead of just emitting fire, she can make it into a sphere let's say and have it hover for short periods of time. She can also make shapes like animals, like making a fox shape out of fire. She's very outgoing and has a very "fiery" personality. Imagine a mixture of Kirishima's extroverted and loudness combined with Kiyoko's sassiness. She hopes to go pro in the future.

Todoroki Katsumi: biological son of Kiyoko and Todoroki. He is three and has white hair with tufts of purple. He has gray eyes and admires his older sister and Naoki a lot. He's three years old. Though it hasn't manifested at the time of his debut, his quirk is brain freeze. He can make people feel the pain of a brain freeze and even lower their body temperature. He can freeze a person he touches, but cannot freeze anything else aside from a living being. He is relatively outgoing but unlike his sister, he is very calm and passive. He does not want to go pro but he is proud to come from a family of pros.

Todoroki Naoki: he is the oldest Todoroki kid, a 13 year old adopted boy. He has brown hair and light, earthy green eyes. His quirk is terraform. He can pull up and shape pieces of the Earth at will. He was adopted a couple months before his 13th birthday. He has lived in the Todoroki family for a little under a year at the time of chapter 60. Kiyoko found him while on a mission to take down a wing of the Yakuza that had been causing trouble in downtown Yokohama. He is the son of a Yakuza lieutenant and fought along side his father as the heroes fought. Kiyoko, Kirishima, Bakugou, Midoriya, and Todoroki were all there. Kiyoko was immediately surprised at his power, since he was able to pull up a large chunk of Earth through the inorganic floor. After the fight was over, Naoki was arrested and Kiyoko fought tooth and nail with the police to let her talk with him, even though he was considered "too dangerous" to have visitors.

Once she sat down with him, she immediately noticed some of the scars on his body. Kiyoko set her arm on the table, and started showing Naoki hers from her preteen years. Naoki was taken aback, never hearing of a villain becoming a pro. Naoki talked with her a bit, asking questions about how she grew up. She left that day feeling accomplished, and ran home to tell Todoroki, who immediately agreed to her idea.

She went back, visiting him every day for weeks, laughing and talking and bringing him snacks. After a month of talking with him almost every day, she and Todoroki went to the police, adoption papers in hand.

When Naoki heard the news, he cried. He said he felt conflicted and he and Kiyoko talked for hours. After a while, Naoki decided that he wanted to be like Kiyoko, and signed the papers. Reiko and Katsumi were so excited to meet their older brother. Once coming out of prison, Naoki did everything in his power to make him a better person. He tried so hard every day to impress his adopted parents. Though she was five years older, Eri and Naoki quickly bonded over experience with the Yakuza and established a sibling like bond.

He calls his adoptive parents Kiyoko and Shoto. He couldn't ever bring himself to mutter the words "mom" "dad" because of the horrible stigma it had with them. He is extremely protective over Reiko and Katsumi. He has thrown a couple rocks to scare off mean or rowdy kids. Reiko is fascinated by his strength and quirk. When Kiyoko or Todoroki showed Naoki fighting moves, he secretly taught them or Reiko. His secret got out, however, when, Reiko sloppily attacked Katsumi in front of Kiyoko and Todoroki. Kiyoko's first words before punishment was. "I hope that's not the form you're teaching her"

And there you have it. I am so glad that y'all followed through with the story, it means the world to me. Thank you everyone, and please check out my other story.

And just remember, no matter how hard life is, how hurt you are, how hopeless it seems,

You deserve to be loved, and your heart will drum on