Chapter 23

Kiyoko Aizawa's pov

Midnight explained the tournament style last round. She picked up a box. "We'll draw lots to see who you're up against. We'll start with the first place team," she said.

Ojiro raised his hand. "Um, excuse me," he said. "Sorry, but I'm withdrawing."

Everyone looked at him, there were a couple gasps. Ojiro began talking about what we had said earlier. Not remembering and he added on saying he couldn't let his conscience allow him to move on if he didn't know how he got there in the first place.

Midnight stared at them. "This type of talk is incredibly naive, my boy," She said. She moved her hip to the side and flicked her whip. "That turns me on! Ojiro, you're withdrawn!"

I immediately went in her head.

'Midnight you can't say that!'

'Oh we're only playing around' she thought. I glared at her and she giggled.

Everyone looked at their bracket. I scan for my name. There I'm up against... you have got to be kidding me.

Aizawa vs. Kaminari

I took a deep sigh. I looked back up. I scanned the other brackets. Kirishima against Tetsutetsu. That should be funny. Bakugou against...oh no. Uraraka. Oh honey.

I kept scanning until I saw the first bracket I looked over. Shinsou versus Midoriya.

Shinsou. Shit. I look for Midoriya. He's standing right next to Shinsou. I ran up to them.

Shinsou turned to Midoriya. "A pleasure. So you excited?" He asked Midoriya.

I immediate went into his head.

'Midoriya! Wait! Don't speak!'

He turned to look at me and then Ojiro covered Midoriya's mouth with his tail. "Not so fast," Ojiro said, glaring at Shinsou. Shinsou simply scoffed and walked away. I looked at Ojiro.

"Yeah, you got this," I said. I turned and walked away. I felt my head begin to ache and my stomach was in a knot. I think I overdid it during the Calvary battle. And on top of that I was getting nervous. I made my way up to the press box. I knocked and opened the door. Eraser and Mic were in there just talking. I went up to Eraser and elbowed him.

"Hey Eraser, you got the goods?" I asked, smirking. He sighed.

"Kiyoko, you can't say things like that. If that mic was on you'd be in hot water. The ibuprofen is in the left pocket of my bag," he said. I skipped over to it and took two jelly pills. I took out my water and popped them in my mouth. I swallowed some water and looked at him.

"Eraser, I'm kinda nervous," I admitted. "What if I embarrass myself? Also Kaminari and I haven't said a word to each other since the USJ attack. He's been avoiding me. I don't know, I'm just unsure of everything."

"You're going to do well Kiyoko. You've worked hard for this. You've shown great improvements over the past months and I've definitely heard a few questions about you already. That's good for a quirk that isn't flashy. I think that if you want to gain attention, you should use the fighting style I showed you. But I understand why you're nervous. Just know that Mic and I are rooting for you and we believe in you," Eraser said. I gave him a gentle hug and Mic joined in.

I grabbed my water and walked down to the 1-A stands. I sat next to Uraraka, waiting for Midoriya to come out. The two walked out onto the cement battlefield. They stared each other down. I started to see Shinsou's mouth move. I immediately start getting worried.