Chapter 35

Kiyoko Aizawa's pov

"Okay, real talk, who is everyone's crushes?" Ashido asked excitedly.

"Ashido, is this really appropriate?" Jiro asked, blushing slightly. Ashido's eyes darted to Jiro.

"Hm, that sounds like the words of someone who has a crush!" Ashido shouted. She jumped into the water next to Jiro. Jiro's face turned noticeably red as she leaned away slightly.

"Hold on, go back a bit," I said, wrapping my head around the sudden change in atmosphere. "What do you mean by 'crush'?"

The girls turned to me. A different array of questionable expressions. "You don't know what a crush is?" Hagakure asked. I shook my head. They all immediately started shouting. Momo silenced them all.

"If we're going to teach her, we have to do it orderly," she said. "I'll start, and if anyone wants to add, then they may." Momo turned to me thinking of a good explication. All the girls looked at me, waiting for my response. Uraraka tapped her temple.

'Here, this should help you learn about what I was talking about,'

"Uraraka, I don't appreciate your cryptic messages," I said. The girls giggled a little at my out of the blue comment.

"Alright Kiyoko, a 'crush' is someone you like romantically, put most simply," Momo said.

"Oh so it's just slang," I replied. She nodded. "Okay, I know what it is to like someone romantically," everyone groaned in disappointment. I guess they were also expecting to teach me about romance. Ashido's face lit up.

"Jiro, I'll get back to you," she said. She swam over to me. "So, do you have a crush?"

I looked back at her. "No," I replied. She groaned and slumped over a little.

"Kiyoko, you're not making this very fun," she whined. I shrugged my shoulders.

"Sorry. I've never had a crush before. Just not my thing I guess," I replied. Uraraka snickered. I turned to her. "What?"

"No. It's nothing," she giggled. "Kiyoko, out of curiosity, do you know what it feels like to have a crush?"

"No, I have no idea. I mean, I know what flirting is. I know what dating is, but I just don't know what people feel to make them want to start that," I replied. All the girls immediately started yelling things again in excitement.

"Wait so have you flirted with people?" Hagakure asked.

"Oh all the time. When I was a villain it was a really easy way to distract people or get what I wanted. But I don't think I had a crush. All I ever felt was annoyed," I said. "What does it feel like?"

Jiro raised her hand.

"I'll take this one," she said. "So, it's kinda like...every time you see them, you feel very happy. And you think about them all day and the thought of them keeps you up at night. You make up excuses to be with them and your heart flutters every time you lock eyes with them. Every time they smile it's like the world stops. Every time you touch them it's like you never want to stop. When you see them you get butterflies in your stomach and you feel yourself start to blush. And you wish you could be around them all the time. If they spend time with someone else you might even get a little jealous. But anyways, it's like you want to hold onto them and never let go. You're ecstatic every time you see them and when you're not with them they're all you can think about." Jiro explained. She sighed and smiled a bit. Everyone stared at her.

"That was poetic," Uraraka breathed. "I'm jealous of whoever her crush is."

Jiro's face got red as she hid it. Everyone squealed a little. Ashido turned back to me.