Chapter 30

Kiyoko Aizawa's pov

"Okay now for those ground rules I talked about a while ago," Eraser began. "No illegal activity. That's a given but I need to say it. No more than two friends over if I'm not home. Oh I need to ask for this part. Who do you...like?" Eraser asked awkwardly. I raised an eyebrow.

"I mean I like most people in our class. I like you, Mic, Midni-"

"No that's not what I mean. What...gender...do you like to date?" He asked, somehow more awkward than the first time. As he asked, he tried to look at everything in the kitchen except for me.

"Oh. Uh, I don't really do that," I said. "I mean I've seen people do that but I never seen why people do. I've never wanted to do that with anybody. Seems over the top. But like I don't have a problem that you date and all," I clarified, hoping I didn't just offend him.

"That's a relief. Because I don't want to deal with that right now. Then uh, no boys allowed over when I'm not home. Yeah, that's a good rule," He muttered. I recited the rules back to him. I checked the time. 11:41.

"Alright. Im going out of town with Hizashi for a while. I'll be back before midnight," he said, going for his shoes.

"Ok sounds good. Oh yeah, by the way, Midoriya and Todoroki are coming over to study at 12," I said. He slammed his head against the wall.

"You know, what usually happens is you ask first and then I say 'yes' or 'no'. But, since Midoriya will be there and you didn't know, I'll allow it this one time," he said.

I raised an eyebrow at his statement, but let it be. I nodded my head. "Thanks Eraser," I said. I gave him a hug. After a bit he pulled away and ruffled my hair.

"I'll be back soon. I love you kiddo," Eraser said, turning the door handle.

"I love you too," I said. I locked the door behind him and I decided to clean up a bit around the house for the time being. I picked up my phone from the island and checked to see a message from Midoriya.

Midoriya: Hey! Sorry I'm going to be a little late
:( My mom needs me to go grocery shopping with her.

I texted him back and I set my phone back down. I cleaned up the den area a bit more until I heard a knock at the door. My heart stopped. I knew it was just Todoroki but there's still that lingering fear I've always had of 'what if'. What if it's my father, or Shigaraki?

I sat at the door, waiting for the knock. After a bit, I heard a knock with a familiar rhythm. I gave a sigh of relief and opened the door. I beamed at the sight of Todoroki and held my hand on the door, opening it wide.

"Hey, come on in," I smiled. He walked in and thanked me. He looked around as he tucked some white hair behind his ear.

"Thank you for inviting me, your home looks nice," he said, adjusting the bag slung over one shoulder.

"Thanks, and of course. I could really use some help. By the way, Eraser left like 15 minutes ago and probably won't be back until after you've left. And Midoriya said he's running late so it'll probably be just us for a bit," I told him. He hummed and I led him to the kitchen. "Do you want anything to drink? We have water, milk, green tea, oolong tea, coffee..."

"If it's not too much trouble some green tea would be nice," he said. I opened the cupboard and grabbed the tea. I put some water in the kettle and turned on the stove. I tossed some tea in the pot and put the tea back in the cupboard. I got out two cups and set them on the island where he was sitting. I thought for a bit and got out a third cup for Midoriya.

"Is there anything in particular you need help with?" He asked once I sat down next to him.

"Quadratics are kinda messing with me. And I just have small questions overall. I've been trying really hard but school has been rough. Before 8 months ago or so I've never been enrolled in any kind of school. I just know the basics. So any help would be great. I mean I could be doing worse. I ranked 10th in midterms so I'm not completely helpless," I chuckled. He smirked back and glanced at the kettle. It was steaming, but not yet hissing.